wolfdogstinkus

Youtube channels

So what RC channels do you watch..

I'm really liking "RCing around" at the moment, it's not all Tamiya, but he is a Tamiya enthusiast.

Recommend me some more please,

8 minutes ago, Baddon said:

RC Kicks and Tamiya Legands

+1

i started watching Kevin Talbot - didn’t really click with his channel .... it’s all over the place 

JJ

• Like 1

I've just found Nordic rc visions as well, that looks interesting..

I wanted to do a kevin Talbot parody lol, that would be so easy..

"Alright guys,, today we're going to take a load of really expensive RC cars and smash em to bits"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

I've just found Nordic rc visions as well, that looks interesting..

"Alright guys,, today we're going to take a load of really expensive RC cars and smash em to bits"

You missed the “do you want to know how to earn £100k then stay tuned”

JJ

Is it possible to be a fan off Matteo’s and Kevin Talbot at the same time?.

Maybe those with Dr.Jekyll syndrome?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know Mr Talbot does make money from financial tutorials BUT he does tell it like it is. Also it is so good to see someone actually use the "toys" and don't mind a scratch or worse. I like Mr Talbot,rc kicks,tamiya legends,Mark bryan also Hemistorm,this guy can certainly paint and being Scandinavian has a great persona

the ones i have been at the most is these: (not listed in any particular order). Hoon's RC, Matteo's RC Movies, Kisun's RC Life, RCSparks Studio, Mark bryan, RC Girl, Scale Builder's Guild, RC Review and AMPRO Engineering

There's so many I like.

RC Sparks is an obvious one, very diverse content so something for everyone. Guy is obviously wealthy but doesn't come across as snobby or anything. Always enjoy his videos whether he is out using the RC or in the workshop. 

Kevin Talbot is a bit of a clown and keeps getting louder and louder but he usually tells it like it is, isn't a brand or price elitist and he does good entertaining bashing videos. He is ridiculously hard on his stuff which some people hate but I quite enjoy it most of the time. I'd rather watch him push stuff to the limit than wreck my own things! He's also obviously well off now but doesn't really come across as a snob. He's the first to admit he's not an expert of all things either so his workshop videos usually come across as very genuine and like he's feeling his way through things just like we all do sometimes. I like the silly videos where they overvolt toys and attach brushless motors to plastic model engines too.

"Tp-Parts Rc-Xtreme" Imagine Kevin Talbot levels of bravery but with better vehicle control, less breakages and an awesome gravel pit as a bashing spot. That's this guy. Just amazing driving videos and the guy really sends stuff into the stratosphere but there's way less carnage than you'd expect. 

Matteo has to be on the list because he just makes some of the most beautiful running videos out there. I'd love to make videos like his but I find it very difficult to concentrate on the video making when I'm driving an RC. You can see he puts the effort in to actually capture cool moments on video rather than just film and hope for the best. And he combines close up chase camera footage with fixed camera footage using telephoto lenses etc. I'd love to make more videos like that but I find myself getting to engrossed in driving so my videos often end up being longer segments from just a few different vantage points rather than the more dynamic, constantly changing shots you get with Matteo which are very cinematic to watch. He's one of the best for running alongside the RC with a camera on a stick too. I can't run a bath without getting out of breath lol. He's build videos are also very well filmed and satisfying to watch.

SE UN aka RC Play Ground. Absolutely beautiful videos. This guy is another one who's amazing at following the vehicle around with a gopro on a stick. Usually really nice scenery too. Mostly scale crawler type stuff but some Tamiya buggies here and there an tanks and other random stuff.
https://youtu.be/zsvYaogDLrM

"Luke’s Vintage Rc Car Restos" is a small channel but I just love his stuff, right up my street. He restores and runs various vintage RCs such as Tamiya and Kyosho etc but he likes the more obscure stuff too like the almost hobby grade stuff the likes of Nikko, Yonezawa and Radio Shack used to sell. He has a nice honest presentation style and it's very satisfying to watch him stripping and rebuilding stuff. He has a knack for making stuff look a million dollars without any kind of fancy techniques or methods, he's just very good at improvising and repairing stuff and often comes up with great paint schemes too which is especially cool on the aforementioned Nikko/Radio Shack etc stuff that you're used to seeing in the same old colours they came out the factory with. His videos are direct and humble with no flashy cinematography. He's always to the point with no messing which can be a refreshing change these days.

Ampro is just an incredibly talented guy who makes amazing upgrades and mods and he's another one of those ones who you just find so satisfying to watch his stuff come together in front of your eyes. Always dropping in handy little hints too.

"TLW theLEDwheel" is another amazing scratch builder and brilliant at 3d modelling too. he also likes to mess with everything to high quality hobby grades to toy grade stuff. A big inspiration to be when I got into RC again in 2016 for the first time since being a kid.

"Dennis Dempsey Radio out of control" is another amazing scratchbuilder/custom fabricator. This guy is just jaw droppingly good and crafting and altering stuff with his bare hands. Stuff you wouldn't even think of and he makes it look easy. Lot's of Tamiya bruiser/HG P407 stuff among other things. He's a real old school mechanic type of guy who just seems to scratch build and improvise his way through everything with ease.

Tomley RC has to get a mention. Down to earth guy with diverse content. The furthest you could get from a brand snob. Not afraid to laugh at himself and not afraid to experiment. Always something interesting going on and a nice mixture of unpretentious real time filming but then nice looking montages set to video too. Best of both worlds for me!

"Andy Robinson RC" Only a small channel so far but the guy is another one who's just unpretentious and real. He has a chat about his cars and films them running. He likes a lot of old school stuff and some the more obscure stuff again like Nikkos, MRC Road Winner etc. the stuff you don't see on the big channels.

RC Retro is another one I like. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Lot's of old school Tamiya and Kyosho etc. Great little back yard races etc.

"The Random Mechanic" Another one who's good at improvising and doing custom stuff and he likes hobby grade and old school toy grade stuff alike.

"Popalong RC" another new channel but tons of great content Lot's of nice running video. Lot's of budget oriented content and lots of how tos etc.

Nordic RC visions: Great videos and variety of vehicles.

RCing around: Lots of fun, vehicles for all sorts of budgets tried and tested and some interesting videos with vintage RC boats too.

"Pete Wylie RC Videos" Love this guys presentation style and voice overs. Just so laid back and subtly humorous. He also makes great running videos, loads of gopro chase cam type footage, loads of old school Tamiya and he does some great technical videos too of repairs/maintenance/mods etc.

"RC AutoMojo" absolutely tiny channel but he makes great looking videos. Another guy after my own heart who loves the high end toy grade stuff from the glory years that was like hobby grade in disguise. You're just as likely to find a Nikko or Radio Shack on his channel as you are a Clod Buster or Kyosho or Traxxas.

"GOUM-QX2 EXTRÊME-RC" awkward name, beautiful custom builds!

"Theibault" Great channel with varied content. Lot's of Tamiya stuff. And he has some great running spots around him that make for fantastic footage.

And I can't forget RCSaylors, just so wholesome and family friendly!

• Like 3

A couple of others which don't seem to have appeared on the list yet is Hemistorm and Harley Designs* - both worth checking out if custom painting and modifying vehicles is something you're interested in.

*Josh from Harley Designs also does his weekly 'Scale News Update' show every Tuesday - highlighting new releases etc.

Jenny x

On 2/16/2021 at 11:55 AM, wolfdogstinkus said:

Hee hee - I'm surprised he's not done a: "1/24th scale RC car - will it blend?" video yet...

Or has he?!

Jx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyMo said:

Hee hee - I'm surprised he's not done a: "1/24th scale RC car - will it blend?" video yet...

Or has he?!

Jx

The lipo cut in half with a circular saw is interesting..

Waste of a few good batteries though.

Just came across Mechanic After Hours highly customized Super Astute on YouTube.  Beautiful Build.  Going to be checking out some of the other videos on the channel.