superted

TC 01

Hi 

Just looking at the TC 01 kit any thoughts???

just like the different suspension set up and would like to put a touring car body on instead of the factory body.

There was a great build thread on here not long after it came out. When I first saw it I really really wanted one but now dont have particularly strong feelings for it. I like the idea of it fitting lower profile bodyshells from the f103gt or similar and also standard touring cars. If they released it as a TC01-R chassis set with some of the hop ups i might be interested again but the current formula-e body does nothing for me apart from look scarily complicated.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Superluminal said:

There was a great build thread on here not long after it came out. When I first saw it I really really wanted one but now dont have particularly strong feelings for it. I like the idea of it fitting lower profile bodyshells from the f103gt or similar and also standard touring cars. If they released it as a TC01-R chassis set with some of the hop ups i might be interested again but the current formula-e body does nothing for me apart from look scarily complicated.

Definitely. Or at least release some prototype bodies. I'd buy one if I had, say, a 917-30 or a 787B to put on top. The Formula E body is really neat, and is probably the 959 of our era, though, so I'm tempted to do a runner and a shelfer.

It'll probably take me more than two tries to make the body properly.

• Like 1

I think unless you need the low profile front, or find that suspension set up particularly attractive, buy a TB05 or TA07 instead. Given you don't want to use the Formula E body too...

It's quite fiddly to get the electrics in there, and I didn't find the suspension coped that well with even slightly bumpy surfaces. Surfaces that other TCs don't moan about.

A nice idea by Tamiya, but a bit niche, suited to their one make racing series I expect.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info

i want to get one i just dont like the shell.

anyone got any ideas for different shells?

3 hours ago, superted said:

Thanks for the info

i want to get one i just dont like the shell.

anyone got any ideas for different shells?

If you can find one for sale, I like the pagani zonda r body.

20210215_231947.thumb.jpg.d10b33c1c3a84d17b29c655ee209bb10.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, superted said:

That looks ace with that shell

Do you know who makes it?

It is made by carisma, I bought it from modelsport, but a few places list it.

• Like 1