Nikko85

12 mm Hex tires - Hornet style.

Does anyone know any 1/10 buggy wheels with a 12 mm hex connection that look like the hornet tires?

I've got a car with a 7 mm hex connection on the back and standard round 5 mm bearing axles on the front.  I'm probably going to convert rear to 12 mm hex, as very little fits 7 mm and I really like the hornet wheel look, which of course are not 12 mm! 

I can't find a 7 mm to vintage Tamiya connector, and I don't want to convert to 12 mm and then convert that to Tamiya, as it starts getting messy! 

Any suggestions please do let me know, and also just nice cheapish buggy tires in general! 

Can you modify the existing axle with a pin drive through the axle then fit the stock Hornet rear wheel 5 stud disc? I have drilled through axles to reposition the pin before , it can be done

3 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

Can you modify the existing axle with a pin drive through the axle then fit the stock Hornet rear wheel 5 stud disc? I have drilled through axles to reposition the pin before , it can be done

Maybe, although I'd also have to remove the 7mm hex connecters that are on their now (I think), and then purchase the Tamiya connectors - so it gets more expensive and complex - although I'm going to have to get a 7 - 12 mm hex anyhow. I'll look into it.

Rising fighter tires look quite nice, although again, not quite balloon enough for me.