jellon

Lunch Box basic upgrades - motor and servo

Hi - I'm hoping someone can point me towards a useful post or give advice.

I wanted to slightly updgrade the stock motor and cheap servo I have on my lunch box. 

I want to keep brushed and NiMH for now, bit could do with a bit more grunt than the standard motor.

Can anyone advise on spec for a motor and servo? I'm UK based.

I was thinking the tamiya torque tuned (or equivalent) and a metal gear servo like the one I have in my comical Grasshopper. That was a Etronix 9.3kg/0.13s.

Does that sound about right?

IMG_20210216_150240225~2.jpg

Yeah I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. I have a torque tuned in my TT02 Audi Quattro Rally and my lunch box has this Old motor Called “TWISTERS”. You can kind of see it in this pic here but not really. 
lHKL1eC.jpg

it really Wakes up the LB and sometimes i feel like it’s too fast and I need to put it away yo not cause damage but I guess that’s the fun of it. On servos I just bought some metal gearing ones but from what I hear we don’t need a lot of torque steering wise for our cars. I haven’t tried one yet but I will on my current build. I got these upon a recommendation I got here 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08P3NM24Y/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pd_rd_i=B08P3NM24Yp13NParams

• Thanks 1

@Exit13 I agree - a lot of metal servos seem to have too much torque, as they are sold for use on trucks. That etronix one is only 9.3kg, and pretty quick too - so it was strong enough for a comical buggy - as they are pretty heavy.

I'll give the torque tuned a go, as it won't up the speed too much. 

I have to say that I really like the unstable nature of the lunch box and comical cars as there's more skill involved keeping them upright. I watched someone zooming around with a very fast traxxas last week and they look thoroughly boring. Each to their own! 

If your going for a torque tuned you might as well get the sport. I think you’ll notice the most difference with that but won’t be to insane. 

• Thanks 1