smirk-racing

What is this beautiful machine (TC homepage image)

Kyosho Landjump I guess?

That kind of style was the in thing for a couple of years. There were some electric ones too like the Hirobo Zerda.

Thunder Tiger made a couple of nice ones too. I've always wanted to do an electric conversion on one of those. Seems like most with most RC related stuff though, the prices have jumped up. You used to see fixer uppers for 100 odd but even rough ones sell for 3x that now.  

@BeetleOne has a nice one

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=125096&id=22879

Its a Kyosho - Landjump Integra as youve probably already surmised smirk-racing, thank you for referring to it as beautiful.  It took an awful lot of time and work to restore as it was in a poor neglected state when I got it all them years ago.  It is a nitro buggy and as far as I know it wont run on modern nitro fuel unless its modified, because back then in the 80s nitro fuel was a bit different, to what degree I do not know, its just what Ive been led to believe by model shops and fellow entheusiasts. Hope you liked the rest of the photos of it in my showroom. Cheers

• Like 4

On 2/18/2021 at 8:27 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

Anyone else see the contradiction in having a Kyosho headline image for TamiyaClub.com? :) 

Sure, at the start we all are prim and proper Tamiya snobs, but then we just let ourselves go and end up becoming downright dirty RC sluts and will take home anything rc related... we don't judge 😉

• Haha 5

On 2/18/2021 at 5:36 AM, Dirt-540 said:

Its a Kyosho - Landjump Integra as youve probably already surmised smirk-racing, thank you for referring to it as beautiful.  It took an awful lot of time and work to restore as it was in a poor neglected state when I got it all them years ago.  It is a nitro buggy and as far as I know it wont run on modern nitro fuel unless its modified, because back then in the 80s nitro fuel was a bit different, to what degree I do not know, its just what Ive been led to believe by model shops and fellow entheusiasts. Hope you liked the rest of the photos of it in my showroom. Cheers

Wow! What a project. Amazing that you put so much energy into it and sourced parts and fabricated the ones that could not be sourced. That is a lot of dedication. 

It is really gorgeous. Congrats!!

On 2/18/2021 at 5:27 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

Anyone else see the contradiction in having a Kyosho headline image for TamiyaClub.com? :) 

8 hours ago, berman said:

Sure, at the start we all are prim and proper Tamiya snobs, but then we just let ourselves go and end up becoming downright dirty RC sluts and will take home anything rc related... we don't judge 😉

I have only recently come to understand that all the best Tamiya’s seem to come in a Kyosho box. 

• Haha 2

Why put a cap on your passion and cheat yourself out of other beautiful creations. I love Tamiya but Kyosho and Marui have a few cars I absolutely adore!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smirk-racing said:

Wow! What a project. Amazing that you put so much energy into it and sourced parts and fabricated the ones that could not be sourced. That is a lot of dedication. 

It is really gorgeous. Congrats!!

A big thank you for such kind words. Projects like that become a test of patience and commitment but when you almost have a love for an inanomate object and a clear idea in your head what you want it to look like you just keep going and stick to the path. Thanks again smirk-racing

• Like 1