Sign in to follow this  
burakol

Any Yellow BigWigs out there?

Currently doing a build with my 7yo daughter. She wants her BigWig to be painted yellow. Im quite sure there’s already enough yellow parts in the car itself, but my daughter’s favorite color is yellow, hence, she wants it painted as such...

anyhow, I’m wondering if anyone here has done a BigWig in yellow body and do you mind sharing some photos of it before I scour the world wide web... 

thanks! 

Not exactly a Bigwig but shows a nice colour combo on a similar style.

The blue really works with the yellow, and I think dash or red and silver looks good too.

I know Tyco isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the colour combos of this era are great.

Image 1 - Taiyo-Rc-Jet-Fighter-EXCELLENT-Boxed

4 hours ago, NulnOilTycoon said:

Well I think the Bigwig looks great in yellow, then again I may be slightly biased.  This is mine.  (Thanks for the shout out @DaveBuildsRC).

DSCF6736-small.thumb.JPG.5818089146fe99887c05cc72beec27d9.JPG

Care if i pattern my daughter’s BigWig paint scheme after yours? I might just change the wing color to blue so the mooncraft sticker in yellow will pop out... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burakol said:

Care if i pattern my daughter’s BigWig paint scheme after yours? I might just change the wing color to blue so the mooncraft sticker in yellow will pop out... 

Go for it, the more yellow Bigwigs the better!

I agree the yellow moon craft might not stand out very well on the white wing like I have done, it might look better agaisnt blue, black or maybe even orange or red to match the stripes on the side stickers.  Although having said that the white wing does go well with the white wheels.

51 minutes ago, NulnOilTycoon said:

Go for it, the more yellow Bigwigs the better!

I agree the yellow moon craft might not stand out very well on the white wing like I have done, it might look better agaisnt blue, black or maybe even orange or red to match the stripes on the side stickers.  Although having said that the white wing does go well with the white wheels.

What yellow paint did you use? It looks like a perfect match on the yellow parts of the chassis 

19 minutes ago, burakol said:

What yellow paint did you use? It looks like a perfect match on the yellow parts of the chassis 

I mixed it up using the Proline airbrush colours, I think it was 1 drop of orange to 50 drops of yellow.  The glossy lexan makes the yellows look slightly different, but I think they're very close.  Yellow paint is generally quite tricky as well because you need a lot of thin coats to get good even colour coverage.

Tamiya probably do a rattle can yellow that is similar.

I hope it turns out well, you'll have to show us when you get it done.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:39 PM, NulnOilTycoon said:

Will do. The choice I have right now is either mellow yellow, sunburst yellow or candy yellow. 

On 2/19/2021 at 9:39 PM, NulnOilTycoon said:

Here you go... wife said it would have been netter of i used blue instead of white on the sides... and daughter wanted some glitters but it was too late when she told me... pardon to color bleed by the rear wing... 

image.jpg

• Like 3