Clodbusterfan

4000kv motors or 5400kv for my new Clod?

So I am going to do a whole new Clod. My last Clod has dual Hobbywing Max 10 ESC and 4000kv motors. Its fast but I want faster. Lol I was wondering if I should go with the 5400kv motors or am I pushing this too far. Please help guys. I will have tons of other upgrades as well like a rear lockout, a front bumper that houses a steering servo, upgraded wheels and tires, CPE time warp chassis, CPE steering linkage. Among other things.

Easiest way to go faster is to up the voltage.  I assume you're running 2x2s Lipo on the current Clod?  Go with 2x3s Lipo, that should be all you need with 4000kv.  I prefer to keep kv low and up the voltage, lower kv motors tend to run cooler in my experience and lower kv motors are usually much more forgiving regarding gearing.

7 hours ago, Clodbusterfan said:

Do you think the 3300kv motors with the 3s Lipo will be faster than the 4000kv motors with the 2s Lipo?

Absolutely, it will be a lot faster.  

I'm running a 6x6 brushless clod on 3s..

4600kv x 3

This is it on 4600kv and 3 batteries..

2x 3s powering the rear and a hardcase 2s lipo in the standard battery holder powering the front axle.

Well actually I use 3 batteries so between 8-9s but 11 volts to rear end and 7 at the front.. 

Not ideal but I don't have a full set of matching batteries yet.

Top speed isn't fantastic but it shifts and it will pull....

Depends on the motor?. Some of those 3300kv cans are the smaller 380 rotor in a 540 size can . 

I had the black cheapo ebay 3300kv motor in here, but possibly only 2s?, Can't remember?

You want the full size 540 for a clod.