Sign in to follow this  
geniusanthony

2 x NIB Kyosho Gallop

I typically don't like to see these kind of posts here but, as these cars are very slightly before my time I am unable to offer advice towards moving them on to someone who needs/will appreciate them.

Admins, please forgive if this is against the rules but in inspecting a dozen vintage Mercedes W116's today, the topic of old school RC cars came up. So, mostly as a solid to the gentleman I met and to our community, I thought it best to share with any of you here who may have interest. 

I don't want to be explicitly involved but at the same time I will pass on info and or interest.

Before you ask... Re: other cars, I don't know of any others at this time.

output_image1613870889254.jpg

output95image1613870860817.jpg

output_image1613870965245.jpg

output_image1613870917234.jpg

• Like 1

@bartman77sorry, I don't think I was clear iny original post. I don't have these and don't have interest in Kyosho cars of this era. I only pass on the availability of these two buggysin an effort to get a fair offer to the curator of the 1:1 car collection I visited.

They the Gallops, are for sale. I have no idea what a fair offer would look like however. Curious to see any info that people can provide. Are they any good, what is the comparable Tamiya in this era?

The Gallop was considered to be a "high-end" racing car, at least in marketing from Kyosho, but in reality it was too complicated and heavy to be a competitor on the track.  It was not very popular compared to the Optima, at least here in the USA.

Still, it's one of those rare chassis that is intriguing and unique due to the 4-wheel steering.  I own a Kyosho Progress which is based on the same chassis but with a polycarbonate body shell instead of the tube design of the Gallop.  The Gallop also had a front diff whereas the Progress used a solid spool in front which doesn't work well on pavement in turns which I learned quickly after rebuilding mine.  I got my Progress used.  I completely disassembled, cleaned, and rebuilt it with full ball bearings (which were a pain to do because the old bushings were force-fit into the aluminum hubs and gear case at the factory and it required a lot of percussive finesse, swearing and heat to get them out).

To say I would not be interested in a Gallop would not be true, as I would love to own one, but the price I would pay wouldn't be fair to the seller, especially when comparing with what eBay thinks they are worth.  The seller of these should list them on eBay or be patient finding a forum buyer with deep pockets and high desire to own a NIB kit or 2.

I should add that according to the pictures you posted, Anthony, at least one kit is missing parts in the blisters:  The front half shafts, front wheel shafts, and front steering knuckles.  It is also possible that the parts are located somewhere else in the box.  It is difficult to give an accurate estimate without knowing what parts are missing in each kit.

And there are 2 battery packs (or just the boxes?) and motor (Kyosho 600E) and sponge tyres in that box as well which are not part of the stock kit.