Sign in to follow this  
burakol

Sensorless motor on sensored esc

I know for a fact that you can run a sensored motor using a sensorless esc and I've tried it myself. However, the result I got is really undesirable in a sense that theres a lot of cogging in low power, as well as an obvious delay in motor response. 

Will I get the same result if I buy myself a sensorless motor? I dont want to throw this esc away, but I dont think running a sensored motor as sensorless will give me good results. 

If you have a sensorless ESC, I don't think that it makes any difference if you have a sensored or sensorless motor as the ESC wouldn't know whether the sensor array is there and being ignored, or simply not there at all.

If you want to get a smoother, faster response, and you have a sensored motor already, would it not make more sense to get a sensored ESC to work with it?

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

If you have a sensorless ESC, I don't think that it makes any difference if you have a sensored or sensorless motor as the ESC wouldn't know whether the sensor array is there and being ignored, or simply not there at all.

If you want to get a smoother, faster response, and you have a sensored motor already, would it not make more sense to get a sensored ESC to work with it?

I just have this one sensorless esc in my bin that I tried. I'm just running all stock TBLE02S esc and worked so far for my means in all my sensored motors. But when I tried the sensorless to my brushless motors, I was underwhelmed so I thought it might have something to do with the fact that the motors are sensored... but I know for a fact that it won't matter much since it is the esc who really controls the output to the motor... 

• Like 1

If both sides aren't "sensored" and connected with a sensor wire, then the system will behaved as sensorless.  Cogging is an issue with sensorless.

• Like 1