gizard

Top Force Pressure plates

ahh gone and stripped the larger pressure plate on the Top Force rear diff MA17 (19805378)  (although MA18 the smaller pressure plate appears to share the same part number). I see they are available at Tamico but with brexit it will be a silly price I am sure - anyone know where preferably UK based where I could get any? 

Forgot the they are sometimes listed without the leading 1 ie: 9805378 seems some places appear to be having them in next week.... I guess I need to glue them in better in future...

If I recall the instructions or it was a tip on here mention about applying threadlock on the splines to take out the slight play in the outdrive cups to reduce the chance of them stripping.

8 minutes ago, gizard said:

Yup there is i did glue them in but obviously not well enough....

They're not a great design really. I much prefer the rectangular block key type of the later diffs which i dont think any fit unless you swapped out the ball diffs for gear diffs but then the lack of slipper in a top force wouldnt do them any good.

Gizard, think i might have one in the parts bin. Let me check. If i remember right think i have the ta03 ones in my Top Force so should have the old ones left over somewhere.

Have searched the parts bins;

20210221_212516.jpg

thanks for the help - i have ordered the ones from Tony's - wonder if superglue is the way forward for the outdrives into the plates...