wintersdawn

Stupid MSC to 2.4GHz Question

23 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

zener diode

I knew there was something missing in my life , After I discovered the existance of the Flux Capacitor , and Conrad 240826 motor , I thought I had it sorted

• Haha 1

I will have a closer look when it is delivered, thanks all for the help and advice.  The description on ebay says it needs a transmitter and receiver and I can see the gap between the servo's where I believe the receiver is usually positioned but I can't see where a 4AA battery pack would have fitted so wonder if the receiver/servos were powered by the main 7.2v battery with a receiver, such as Acoms, which had BEC.   

The Tamiya Hummer was released in 1995 but I have seen several with an MSC and am surprised as I would have thought ESC's were around by 1995, unless they wanted a retro set-up.

1 hour ago, KEV THE REV said:

maybe where the AA pod was ?

Sorry , I was talking complete drivel there . The MSC shown has fly lead to connect to the receiver BEC via the switch , no AA pod

• Like 1

One of the receivers I can use is the one below and although on the front it doesn't say BEC, it does say 4.8 - 10V/DC, does this sound ok to use with the MSC when using the 7.2v main battery?  Cheers 

44.jpg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, wintersdawn said:

The Tamiya Hummer was released in 1995 but I have seen several with an MSC and am surprised as I would have thought ESC's were around by 1995, unless they wanted a retro set-up.

I bought my first tamiya rc in the same year, a ta02 similar to your hummer. Tamiyas of this era came as standard in the uk with a mechanical speed controller as to include an esc would have made them prohibitively expensive I imagine. They are included these days of course as the price of electronics falls over time. 

MSCs from this era had the receiver power cable as it was considered normal by that time for receivers to have BEC, so no need for a separate 4xAA pack. 

23 minutes ago, wintersdawn said:

One of the receivers I can use is the one below and although on the front it doesn't say BEC, it does say 4.8 - 10V/DC, does this sound ok to use with the MSC when using the 7.2v main battery? 

Yes that sounds perfect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rich_f said:

I bought my first tamiya rc in the same year, a ta02 similar to your hummer. Tamiyas of this era came as standard in the uk with a mechanical speed controller as to include an esc would have made them prohibitively expensive I imagine. They are included these days of course as the price of electronics falls over time. 

MSCs from this era had the receiver power cable as it was considered normal by that time for receivers to have BEC, so no need for a separate 4xAA pack. 

Yes that sounds perfect. 

That's great news about the receiver, thanks!

Thanks also for the info on MSC's.

12 hours ago, wintersdawn said:

using the 7.2v main battery

Mind 7.2v is 'nominal voltage' (think average). Fully charged they are similar to 2s, at 8.4v , still well under the 10v 👍

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 3:58 PM, rich_f said:

Yes that sounds perfect. 

Thanks for clearing this up with some firsthand experience, and sorry if I misdirected the thread... apparently I have only ever had OLD (pre-BEC) MSCs! :lol:

• Like 2