Sign in to follow this  
Scrumpy 61

King hauler lights

Hi everyone, new to the site and building Tamiya models. Have purchased a king hauler and asked this question of the supplier but the answer I got was a bit ambiguous. I am thinking of fitting it with lights and would like to know if they can be retro fitted after I have built it, which lights do I need for the tractor unit and can I then fit a separate set of lights to the trailer again which set are best and can all this be run of a 6 channel transmitter/receiver. Many thanks

With a 6 channel radio that gives you more options to turn lights on/off or add-ons. The truck takes 3-4 channels (depending on what you go with) and you'll have 2 extra to work with. (always in demand) If you use a MFC for your controller, all extra lights can be run off of a "Pico Switch" from "Dimensions Engineering", US though. It uses a channel on the RX to turn them on/off and power comes from the battery so nothing overloads. Look it/them up, they have more items.

Do some research, they are so many options and ways to go. Plan what you want out of it and you'll be happier.

I use all Tamiya items to do mine: MFC-01, Trailer lights (gray cable), Motorized trailer support legs. All hooks up together and is simpler (?) I think to come up with the final truck. Just me. 

Ask and people will help you out. Many different ways to approach things. This site and others have good sections to look at and see what others have done.

Hi Scrumpy and welcome to the site! Yes, you can fit them afterwards although it’s more labour intensive to make the wiring tidy. Naturally, the Tamiya stuff is great. It was a bit expensive for me though so I went with the OB1 light system which I am really pleased with (once I got the programming sorted). I’ve still got additional lights to add and then will do the trailer as they make a Bluetooth connected light unit for the trailer which is pretty cool.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Kurt