lifeofbrian2007

Where to get Tamiya parts?

Depends on what rare parts your looking for? 

That may be a time-limited issue whilst they sort out how to do business with the UK, I.e. with HMRC. Until then, there will be members here based in Germany who could buy from Tamico for you and send on. I still get parts from Seidel like this, after they stopped shipping abroad several years ago. As for other sellers, depends, as already mentioned, what you are looking for....

1 hour ago, lifeofbrian2007 said:

Tamico has told me they now have a minimum order to the UK of 151 Euros, where else can I order rare tamiya parts?

If you manage to find out were you can get tamiya parts from please let us know? Tamiya haven't actually been very good with the spare parts in the UK! (and that's putting it mildly)

Ebay (which usually means either Hong Kong based or Tony's - UK), or rcmart have come to the party on some things I wasn't expecting. Sadly though its been years since I've bought a Tamiya part from inside Australia.

Find the part number 

google it

LOADS of UK model shops 

Tony is excellent (Tony’s Tamiya parts)

I’ve also ordered from jadlam and everything one of those mentioned 

plus there are loads more 

my biggest headache is working out which one is cheapest by 5p ;)

JJ

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

This thread is funny. I have to order my parts from the UK! Tonys, Fusion, Modelsport etc

Exactly my thoughts as well :) 

I find Modellbau-Seidl often has a lot of parts that are out of stock elsewhere. 

• Like 1

If I need a current Tamiya part I'll contact racecraftrc.co.uk first as he is my LHS and keeps a pretty good stock (plus he does click & collect so it's an excuse to drive into town during lockdown).  He also keeps an interesting stock of rare and vintage parts (constantly changing) but it's best to contact him directly to see what's just come in or might be coming in shortly.

Otherwise for general Tamiya parts trees and screw bags I'll type the number into ebay and see what comes up.  Tony or Jadlam have often got what I want.

I've been looking for avante rims (yellow) and avante decals and egress undertray I've had a number of opportunities to buy them but at ridiculous prices (one set of rims I seen on Ebay actually sold for £110) and countless decals for over £60!!! Nah I don't need them that badly? 

I’ll say I’m in the US, and a lot of the bigger US Distributors (Tower/Horizon, AMain/HobbyTown) don’t cater to a lot of Tamiya parts though they all sell kits. 
I recently just placed my first order with Tony”s for some MP ( actually white Montero ) wheels . 
I guess I’ll find out how they take to get to the US. 

6 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Exactly my thoughts as well :) 

I find Modellbau-Seidl often has a lot of parts that are out of stock elsewhere. 

UK is great for current car parts , but anything more than a few years old can be a nightmare. The only two places I can find the parts I need are in Germany, Modellbau-Seidl are not shipping to UK, and Tamico have a minimum order of 151 euros.Even Jap stores are out. I'm tempted to buy another car just to get the parts for Tamico.

4 hours ago, moffman said:

I've been looking for avante rims (yellow) and avante decals and egress undertray I've had a number of opportunities to buy them but at ridiculous prices (one set of rims I seen on Ebay actually sold for £110) and countless decals for over £60!!! Nah I don't need them that badly? 

I know someone with spare avante rims, no spare camlocks though if that's needed as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lifeofbrian2007 said:

UK is great for current car parts , but anything more than a few years old can be a nightmare. The only two places I can find the parts I need are in Germany, Modellbau-Seidl are not shipping to UK, and Tamico have a minimum order of 151 euros.Even Jap stores are out. I'm tempted to buy another car just to get the parts for Tamico.

Modellbau-Seidl aren't shipping to Norway either, however they are more than happy to send your stuff to a mail forwarder and let them take care of the rest. So it's a bit of a hassle, and the mail forwarder adds to the cost, but it is doable and might be worth it for some stuff that are demanding outrageos prices on ebay and the like. 

18 hours ago, lifeofbrian2007 said:

Tamico has told me they now have a minimum order to the UK of 151 Euros, where else can I order rare tamiya parts?

What parts are you after ?

Start a tread in the parts wanted section - someone on TC may have what you need.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

This thread is funny. I have to order my parts from the UK! Tonys, Fusion, Modelsport etc

I was looking around for so Super Mini Shocks. Most of the Aussie shops only had 1 pack with a pair in, so means double the postage coming from different place’s. I then discovered a 4 pack (listed for TT02) in Hobby City NZ and only $10 flat rate shipping. Ordered Friday night and should be here today or tomorrow 👍🏻

14 hours ago, Problemchild said:

Find the part number 

google it

LOADS of UK model shops 

Tony is excellent (Tony’s Tamiya parts)

I’ve also ordered from jadlam and everything one of those mentioned 

plus there are loads more 

my biggest headache is working out which one is cheapest by 5p ;)

JJ

I found Googling part numbers the best way to find stuff too. The addition headache to saving the 5p through is trying find all the bit you need in the one shop 🙄

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

I’ll say I’m in the US, and a lot of the bigger US Distributors (Tower/Horizon, AMain/HobbyTown) don’t cater to a lot of Tamiya parts though they all sell kits. 
I recently just placed my first order with Tony”s for some MP ( actually white Montero ) wheels . 
I guess I’ll find out how they take to get to the US. 

Yep. I have a HT and another LHS near me and only Tamiya items they carry are the paints. Most major US online retailers only carry a small amount of parts and kits. Most of my parts I have to order from overseas. 

18 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

I know someone with spare avante rims, no spare camlocks though if that's needed as well. 

I've just looked on Tony's tamiya parts and after months of chacing avante rims and almost buying stupidly overpriced ones he has them in so I have a set coming🤩 I'm well pleased I feel as though I'm slowly getting somewhere👍 but thank you for the kind offer as you know it's very appreciated (just need Tony to get the decals in)  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, moffman said:

I've just looked on Tony's tamiya parts and after months of chacing avante rims and almost buying stupidly overpriced ones he has them in so I have a set coming🤩 I'm well pleased I feel as though I'm slowly getting somewhere👍 but thank you for the kind offer as you know it's very appreciated (just need Tony to get the decals in)  

That's brilliant that they're back in stock with Tony! Hopefully he'll get some cam locks (or whatever their name is) as well. Well, if he can't source the decals you know there's a set waiting for you here. 

• Like 1