J@mes

Porsche 911GT2 TA02SW

Think I bought mine brand new for £129.99 about two years ago when there were quite a few knocking about. Should have bought a few more.

• Haha 1

I saw these too - makes no sense at all! The Jagermeister 40th editions are also selling at about the same price (£400-450), which is still very expensive, but surely a much more favourable option with all the hop up parts included.

Bonkers 🤪

Prices have been pretty bonkers across the range for a while now, but that is Charlie Bananas! 

Unfortunately I don’t have any of these lurking in my wardrobe otherwise they would definitely be getting sold 😂   

That is bizarre. They are nice though.  I picked a few up years ago when Klien was selling them cheap (I think they did a one make series with them ). Funny thing is, I’m not sure I want to part with them, I’d rather build them later sometime. 

Blimey! Even in a period of insanity, some things can still make your eyes water

I bought one of those NIB off ebay about 12 months ago for £200. It was an impulse buy and I quickly realised it was a mistake; plastic tub, coat-hanger prop shaft, it was all quite basic, when what I really wanted was a 934 30th Anniversary kit.

I thought I'd been done over. By myself.

I was so relieved when I was able to resell it for £200 + postage, and come away unscathed! 

I then got a Jagermeister 934 kit NIB for £280. Muuuuuch happier :D

So to see my no-loss relief of 12 months ago now going for double that price is, to the original point, insane :blink:

• Like 1

These are beautiful models, but in my humble opinion no TA01/02 chassis vehicle is worth anywhere near that much...I do love the body though, as others have said wish I bought one when I saw them going cheap.  

2 hours ago, Juhunio said:

it was all quite basic

That’s just it, it’s a completely basic TA02 with a nice body on it, and even then, not a full replica of the Taisan. It doesn’t even come with ball bearings, just the plastic type. I bet the seller of the one currently coming towards auction-end (last bid £451) can’t quite believe what’s going on! 🍾😆

1 hour ago, futureworks said:

That’s just it, it’s a completely basic TA02 with a nice body on it, and even then, not a full replica of the Taisan. It doesn’t even come with ball bearings, just the plastic type. I bet the seller of the one currently coming towards auction-end (last bid £451) can’t quite believe what’s going on! 🍾😆

No, I can’t! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Built mine a little while ago. I think I paid £150 from RC Mart. I agree they certainly aren't worth £400 plus. Mines still mint on the shelf. £300 if anyone wants a bargain. 😉

• Haha 1

Just looked on German eBay and there's an almost NIB one currently at 120€ with 5 days to go.

I have one NIB with a set of repro Taisan decals on the shelf waiting to be built sometime. Don't really want to sell it, but depending on what the one on eBay sells for I might just...

Just sold it to a person with zero feedback. Chances of this transaction going smoothly are also zero. Wish me luck. 

Prices have been crazy since the lockdown started. I’m bummed also as I would have liked to get one more 40th/black kit at around $250. 

I bought a NIB one for £170 9 months ago and put a vailant shell on it 

love it

jo9SKN0.jpg

maybe I should sell it for £500

I’ve still got the GT2 shell mint condition - wonder what it’s worth 

JJ

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 9:16 PM, Duvetdo said:

Just sold it to a person with zero feedback. Chances of this transaction going smoothly are also zero. Wish me luck. 

Have they paid you?

On 2/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, Duvetdo said:

Its important shipping is added. I once sended 60$$ phone to the states without tracking. It got delayed due to covid... and that person scammed me. Ebay refund them even tho there was no balance in my paypal account.  
the phone arrived afterwards and yes F*CK that person. But zero feedback does bot mean anything.

35 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Have they paid you?

Yes, they have. I videoed the car being packaged up just in case they try anything funny. Sent it via DPD, the courier I trust the most. Fingers crossed. 

6 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Its important shipping is added. I once sended 60$$ phone to the states without tracking. It got delayed due to covid... and that person scammed me. Ebay refund them even tho there was no balance in my paypal account.  
the phone arrived afterwards and yes F*CK that person. But zero feedback does bot mean anything.

I’ve sent it via the courier I trust the most, fully insured and tracked. I’m just nervous after all the horror stories you hear of buyers doing what happened to you or claiming what was sent wasn’t what they bought. I videoed the car being packaged up, showing that everything was in the box, so I’ve done all I can. 

• Like 2

Sellers gotta be careful to accurately describe, I bought internal spring suspension 2nd hand on eBay & the seller didn’t point out the springs were not included, with no mention in the advert! 

Separately point for sellers is send to the listed address. A guy asked me to send to a different address after buying but if I did that there’s no seller protection with eBay.

I've had sellers deny they shorted a multiple order, it becomes a he said she said scenario unless you video opening the package, even then it’s not absolute proof. 

I have seen some sellers using photos of items they’re not including (like the box for example) to enhance the desirability then saying in the description ’does not include...’ which they get away with although very dubious technique.

• Like 1

Lockdowns vary but, for me, there’s generally little for those who are still earning to spend on ?

So Covid may (economically) divide the hobby like a number of other things have in the past ?

Bubbles burst - and in my experience the only bits still rising upward when they do are the usual suspects that would have anyway ?

Everything else plummets back to where it should have been - sometimes (unfairly + briefly) lower

Forgive me gents - but this little gem is in the latter, sorry 

Absolutely no criticism of any of the above btw - enjoy while you can 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperChamp82 said:

Lockdowns vary but, for me, there’s generally little for those who are still earning to spend on ?

This - The business I'm in (1:1 aftermarket automotive performance) has essentially doubled since April of 2020.  A lot of people with a lot of money out there and not much to spend it on at the moment.  

• Like 1

So kit 84399 Porsche 911 GT2 may not command close to £500 for much longer in your opinion @SuperChamp82 ? 

I have noticed rere Wild One new in box for sale at the same price as the original also new in box recently, I don’t know why as I figure the original would fetch more ? I guess if I wanted to build & run one the rere would make more sense.

Demand vs supply trumps even a pandemic

if there were loads out there then they would drop in price

there is no central organisation that determines the price of things so 

JJ

Bubble pricing will likely last as long as the things that inflate it carry on @J@mes 

For me, that’s broadly until lockdowns end, restrictions lift and everyone can spend on things previously denied - probably in large amounts for those that can afford it given pent up demand from the last 12 months 

How long it takes to get there is frankly anyone’s guess - and will vary massively by country / region - so I doubt the impact on hobby pricing will be a cliff edge ? 

More likely it will be like an elastic band retracting rather than snapping - and will probably then stay bent out of shape in some places too ...

You’re also spot on about the Wild One and a few other vintage NIB dropping to match re re pricing - with auction sites in Japan holding bonkers disparity on a number of kits atm 

Even perennial favourites - like early 3 Speeds and early Porsches - are currently lower than their peak 6 months ago, whilst vintage accessories are frankly nuts

As I said, def no criticism of anyone selling in a weird market - but I can’t see a 84399 being worth £500+ in 6 months time 🤔