Daniel.S15

A question about the FF-01 Manual

Is it ok or just a mistake in the manual, that it wants me to put the rear left upright on the right side?

I built it that way and now i have 1-2 degree toe out. 

I'm not sure if this is the right way to build it, because even my real car (Mazda3 FWD of course) has toe in on the rear, so i think that the manual states it false. 

FF01Rear.png

Which version of the FF01 are you building? I have the VW New Beetle version and it shows the "correct" assembly. I'm guessing it's just a way to adjust rear toe. The wheelbase is the same with both configurations.

I'm building the Castrol Civic and i did look at pictures of other FF-01s and i can see them built both ways. I guess i'm going to have to drive it and see which way is it handling better. 

Good pick up!! The Volvo 850 and Vectra manuals have it the opposite to the Castrol. Wonder if there are any others?

4 hours ago, Daniel.S15 said:

I'm building the Castrol Civic and i did look at pictures of other FF-01s and i can see them built both ways. I guess i'm going to have to drive it and see which way is it handling better. 

Toe in makes the car more stable and track straighter. Toe out rear makes it more agile, but at the expense of stability. I run mine toe in and it's great.