Sign in to follow this  
Nicadraus

TA-08 Pro & R

I just saw this at RCtech.

img_20210219_wa0006_548051a1292bbb149531aa79e572e6ebc825bc2f.jpg

img_3109_ff5e05a253358366452c76ab8f2dde026b15a7e0.jpg

This is interesting. If it comes out and I decide to get one, I'll definitely go for the R. It'll save me from spending more for upgrades. B)

They say the release is on June of this year.

• Like 1

Cool, I'm always surprised by how long the TA07 has actually been around. If it's June that'll be about 5 years?

Is there a TRF car to influence the changes between TA07 and TA08?

3 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Cool, I'm always surprised by how long the TA07 has actually been around. If it's June that'll be about 5 years?

Is there a TRF car to influence the changes between TA07 and TA08?

Not sure. But the TA-07 is unique with its single belt drivetrain. I'm guessing that the 08 will be too.

I've been trying to get hold of a TA-07 for a while but couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger on an RR / MS / MSX with what they cost in Europe/UK. Glad I didn't now - I can happily wait for the 08r and justify it as a post Covid treat :D

Hopefully its single belt, with the latest TRF420 suspension or better, and at least compatible with the SSBB dampers. Will be disappointed if its a flexible as the stock TA-07 Pro / R though - huge weakness for anything but lower grip surfaces. 

10 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I just saw this at RCtech.

img_20210219_wa0006_548051a1292bbb149531aa79e572e6ebc825bc2f.jpg

img_3109_ff5e05a253358366452c76ab8f2dde026b15a7e0.jpg

This is interesting. If it comes out and I decide to get one, I'll definitely go for the R. It'll save me from spending more for upgrades. B)

They say the release is on June of this year.

I saw that thread too but read it that the TA08R pic was posted as a joke, trying to make the point that normally they wait for CAD drawings or pictures or something before starting a thread.  Usually the R follows the Pro after a few years doesn't it?

Seems strange to me that its coming out when they have the RR and MSX which run the TRF420 geometry, SSBB etc and cover both plastic tub and carbon or aluminium chassis.

I can only assume that this is because Tamiya knows I now have my TA07 PRO and then some (a lot of $$) bits working well, so they go and put this out.

8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I can only assume that this is because Tamiya knows I now have my TA07 PRO and then some (a lot of $$) bits working well, so they go and put this out.

That's what Tamiya is good at. P!$$ its loyal customers off. :lol:

• Haha 1