Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nicadraus

TA-08 Pro & R

Recommended Posts

I just saw this at RCtech.

img_20210219_wa0006_548051a1292bbb149531aa79e572e6ebc825bc2f.jpg

img_3109_ff5e05a253358366452c76ab8f2dde026b15a7e0.jpg

This is interesting. If it comes out and I decide to get one, I'll definitely go for the R. It'll save me from spending more for upgrades. B)

They say the release is on June of this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, I'm always surprised by how long the TA07 has actually been around. If it's June that'll be about 5 years?

Is there a TRF car to influence the changes between TA07 and TA08?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Cool, I'm always surprised by how long the TA07 has actually been around. If it's June that'll be about 5 years?

Is there a TRF car to influence the changes between TA07 and TA08?

 

Not sure. But the TA-07 is unique with its single belt drivetrain. I'm guessing that the 08 will be too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to get hold of a TA-07 for a while but couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger on an RR / MS / MSX with what they cost in Europe/UK. Glad I didn't now - I can happily wait for the 08r and justify it as a post Covid treat :D

Hopefully its single belt, with the latest TRF420 suspension or better, and at least compatible with the SSBB dampers. Will be disappointed if its a flexible as the stock TA-07 Pro / R though - huge weakness for anything but lower grip surfaces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I just saw this at RCtech.

img_20210219_wa0006_548051a1292bbb149531aa79e572e6ebc825bc2f.jpg

img_3109_ff5e05a253358366452c76ab8f2dde026b15a7e0.jpg

This is interesting. If it comes out and I decide to get one, I'll definitely go for the R. It'll save me from spending more for upgrades. B)

They say the release is on June of this year.

I saw that thread too but read it that the TA08R pic was posted as a joke, trying to make the point that normally they wait for CAD drawings or pictures or something before starting a thread.  Usually the R follows the Pro after a few years doesn't it?

Seems strange to me that its coming out when they have the RR and MSX which run the TRF420 geometry, SSBB etc and cover both plastic tub and carbon or aluminium chassis.

I can only assume that this is because Tamiya knows I now have my TA07 PRO and then some (a lot of $$) bits working well, so they go and put this out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I can only assume that this is because Tamiya knows I now have my TA07 PRO and then some (a lot of $$) bits working well, so they go and put this out.

That's what Tamiya is good at. P!$$ its loyal customers off. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...