Nicadraus

TA-08 Pro & R

I just saw this at RCtech.

img_20210219_wa0006_548051a1292bbb149531aa79e572e6ebc825bc2f.jpg

img_3109_ff5e05a253358366452c76ab8f2dde026b15a7e0.jpg

This is interesting. If it comes out and I decide to get one, I'll definitely go for the R. It'll save me from spending more for upgrades. B)

They say the release is on June of this year.

• Like 1

Cool, I'm always surprised by how long the TA07 has actually been around. If it's June that'll be about 5 years?

Is there a TRF car to influence the changes between TA07 and TA08?

3 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Cool, I'm always surprised by how long the TA07 has actually been around. If it's June that'll be about 5 years?

Is there a TRF car to influence the changes between TA07 and TA08?

Not sure. But the TA-07 is unique with its single belt drivetrain. I'm guessing that the 08 will be too.

I've been trying to get hold of a TA-07 for a while but couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger on an RR / MS / MSX with what they cost in Europe/UK. Glad I didn't now - I can happily wait for the 08r and justify it as a post Covid treat :D

Hopefully its single belt, with the latest TRF420 suspension or better, and at least compatible with the SSBB dampers. Will be disappointed if its a flexible as the stock TA-07 Pro / R though - huge weakness for anything but lower grip surfaces. 

10 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I just saw this at RCtech.

img_20210219_wa0006_548051a1292bbb149531aa79e572e6ebc825bc2f.jpg

img_3109_ff5e05a253358366452c76ab8f2dde026b15a7e0.jpg

This is interesting. If it comes out and I decide to get one, I'll definitely go for the R. It'll save me from spending more for upgrades. B)

They say the release is on June of this year.

I saw that thread too but read it that the TA08R pic was posted as a joke, trying to make the point that normally they wait for CAD drawings or pictures or something before starting a thread.  Usually the R follows the Pro after a few years doesn't it?

Seems strange to me that its coming out when they have the RR and MSX which run the TRF420 geometry, SSBB etc and cover both plastic tub and carbon or aluminium chassis.

I can only assume that this is because Tamiya knows I now have my TA07 PRO and then some (a lot of $$) bits working well, so they go and put this out.

8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I can only assume that this is because Tamiya knows I now have my TA07 PRO and then some (a lot of $$) bits working well, so they go and put this out.

That's what Tamiya is good at. P!$$ its loyal customers off. :lol:

• Haha 1

Nice, time to start saving! :D

Doesn't look like a carbon chassis, so that would mean TA08 rather than TRF?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I have a feeling that this clip has a lot to do with this particular thread:

Looks like it.

40 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Nice, time to start saving! :D

Doesn't look like a carbon chassis, so that would mean TA08 rather than TRF?

It seems to be a "minimal" tub chassis. Looks nice. 

When things are "normal", I might pick up a new 4WD touring car. But this time, I'll veer off from Tamiya and will most likely go for Xpress XQ2s and upgrade the car little by little with essential parts like carbon fiber shock towers and servo holder, aluminum bits and other important parts. But I will probably retain the FRP chassis.

While I am always pleased to see new developments, I can't help wondering if this is going to be subject to the same chassis tweaking issues as the TA-05, with no form of upper deck to counteract the tension of the belts which might impart a curve to the plastic chassis after a while.

I wonder if one will be available as a hop up, or if some clever person will come up with a design that we can order from Fibre-lyte?

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

While I am always pleased to see new developments, I can't help wondering if this is going to be subject to the same chassis tweaking issues as the TA-05, with no form of upper deck to counteract the tension of the belts which might impart a curve to the plastic chassis after a while.

I wonder if one will be available as a hop up, or if some clever person will come up with a design that we can order from Fibre-lyte?

Qatmix has said this. A centre spine to make it stiff. A similar design was used on the TB Evo 7 but that was an aluminium chassis.

https://www.thercracer.com/2021/03/new-tamiya-touring-chassis-ta08-sneak.html

Looks interesting for sure. Probably won't get one this year as the TA07 is well sorted. Maybe when the MS comes out

8 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I am suprised jobody did out this up yet.

I like the V shape havent seen that before

The V-shape chassis was done by HPI with their RS4 Pro3 back in the early 2000's.

26 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

The V-shape chassis was done by HPI with their RS4 Pro3 back in the early 2000's.

Really? I liked the RS4 but havent noticed that

I find it strange the TA08 uprights are the same as front ??? :wacko:

Since Tamiya doesn't seem to release TA/TB kits with bodies anymore, I guess the only questions are whether this will help reduce some lap times in the hands of a consistent driver, and if those lap times are anywhere near current carbon/aluminum chassis cars from other brands.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Really? I liked the RS4 but havent noticed that

I find it strange the TA08 uprights are the same as front ??? :wacko:

I think it has rear toe adjustability like found on the TRF420.

On 3/9/2021 at 3:24 PM, qatmix said:

Lots of information coming on Friday :)

Finally.. TA05 Version III is out. Love it.. V step chassis no more scrub.. well done Tamiya 

• Like 2

As much as it looks nice, I decided to go non-Tamiya on my next 4WD touring car probably on the last quarter of this year. Like I mentioned, the Xpress XQ2s really fancies me and I have researched on the essential parts I want for it. The kit will probably cost around $200-250 upgraded to my spec.

Crazy, how Tamiya every time comes up with a new "tub" chassis design. The triangle arms should be good even for high grip.

• Like 1

It's interesting to watch how dampers and damper mounting have changed over the past decade.  The dampers are getting shorter and fatter, and the upper stays keep going lower and lower.  It used to be you'd have to build an IFS version of a TB03 or TA05 if you wanted to run a body with a low nose; now it looks like those bodies will fit even in standard configuration.

It's kind of a strange chassis tub with the V cross section, yet it still shows stiffening ribs under the long edges.  Because of those ribs, I'm not sure what the V shape accomplishes that a standard tub couldn't do as well.  I guess it buys a narrower tub without compromising the rigidity of the long edges.

Just musing out loud; no criticism or judgment here.

• Like 2