B.RAD

My second Tamiya build - M06 MK1 MX5!

On 3/16/2021 at 9:43 AM, B.RAD said:

However, the plastic parts, like the rain guttering below the windscreen and the front splitter, are matt on the muse car so I'm mulling over ideas for that. I've seen Testors dullcote which is an interesting idea, might be tricky to get a clean cut of the protective layer on such small areas but potentially worth a try. Any other suggestions?

Use a brush and some matt or satin black acrylic model paint on the outside? Since it will be the only paint on the outside, you can safely wipe it off and redo it as many times as you like until you get it looking right. 

Or how about some matt black (or maybe satin black) electrical tape cut to shape? You can get a soft stretchy kind that will conform to the curves nicely. 

• Like 1

Good ideas @rich_f! Thanks very much.

I'm sorry to say though, given the colour debarcle, I'm going to give up on the perfections of this now and call it a learning exercise. It's frustrating really, as the Stampede shell I did as a tester come out perfectly!! 😆 Win some lose some I guess! 

As I mentioned before, the silver lining to this is that I will now be very happy to run the car rather than leaving it as a shelf queen. I don't actually have anywhere to run it around here though, so that fun will have to wait until I'm in a race paddock somewhere/sometime! 😁