dc-arena

Falcon - Re-Release apparently coming

Nice!

After a pretty dull 4 or 5 years it looks like Tamiya are gunning for it again with the re-releases. Might they end the year with a 959, Ranger XLT or Blazing Blazer? Hopefully. :)

Kyosho will announce the Mid re-re this year, I am almost certain of it.

• Like 1

I would've been lukewarm towards this re-release if it hadn't been for the excellent Tamiyaclub episode 1 where Wireless talks about his Falcon. Now I think it's a brilliant re re from Tamiya :) 

There's no need or reason for Tamiya to slow down now, feel free to bombard us with excellent kits! And I really hope for an Avante 2001 2021, if for no other reason that it flows nicely. 

I wonder who his "three sources" are?  We just had the early 2021 release announcement and a lot of those care won't be here until later in the year...

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m not banking on this being true until it’s confirmed by tamiya, or backed by tamiyablog or @Mokei Kagaku  

Read somewhere that the Novafox is getting a second run, Tony’s maybe? But not seen the Falcon mentioned anywhere else than that youtube blog. 

Well, I hope this is true and they beef up a few bits. That was always a fun car to play with.

Good for those who need the parts for a rebuild and those wanting to go down memory lane👍 I don't know much about it because it just never did anything for me when it was originally released I thought it just looked to fragile🤷‍♂️

This is because BIG news for me. This is definitely one of my favorite cars and this one is family owned  since new. Technically it’s my brothers and I’m still rocking his paint job but it’s been mine since about 1992. So I’m very happy to hear this news and I’ll be buying one 

BQgFevw.jpg

• Like 2

My falcon was totally rebuilt using new old parts (and ended up making 3 in the end)

all I’m really missing is the front shock uprights as mine are 3D printed 

I can’t wait :)

JJ

• Like 4

If true, it’ll be interesting to see if they’ve come up with a fix for the glaring weak spot front bulkhead........

11 minutes ago, Hudson said:

If true, it’ll be interesting to see if they’ve come up with a fix for the glaring weak spot front bulkhead........

DT-02 - Tamiya chassis database - TamiyaBase.com

They're already done it in a sense..  Just add yellow CVA's, Falcon body & wing and decals and I'm a sucker for love!

• Like 1

More informations and photos of new Tamiya RC releases - TamiyaBlog

2 hours ago, Killajb said:

They're already done it in a sense..  Just add yellow CVA's, Falcon body & wing and decals and I'm a sucker for love!

As long as its not the Neo Falcon...

• Like 1

Hmmm. His "three sources" had it on good authority that the Hotshot 2 was coming back in the last round or releases....

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Hmmm. His "three sources" had it on good authority that the Hotshot 2 was coming back in the last round or releases....

You throw enough !hit at a wall some will eventually stick

13 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

You throw enough !hit at a wall some will eventually stick

Guess so. Interesting to see if the Falcon actually appears anytime soon...

41 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Nah, that was him just speculating....he never actually said the HS2 was definitely coming back, based on any sources, like he is here with the Falcon.

Have to say I enjoy his youtube channel so I hope his sources are correct.

• Like 2

Take that kind of info with a pinch of salt.  I'll believe it when I hear it from tamiya. They're usually very good at keeping everything inhouse and It's very rare that information about future re-release filters though.

I do think its click bait. Could happen, but i hardly think a paid YouTuber would be privvy to such information. Im calling BS and speculation for now.

Lee

• Like 1

I hope it's true but he's been wrong before.

This would involve a fair few "new old" parts to become a reality for what is a budget set so who knows.

I guess it would be a pretty good seller though, not up there with Grasshopper and Hornet but still a very popular kit.

I have an original one that's been laying around waiting for be restored for years but I want to run it and I'm worried it will fall apart. At least a new kit would have comparatively more resilient plastic.

Hopefully they would fix the chassis snapping and stray dog bone issues too. Even an extra plastic brace would fix the former I think although a nicer material wouldn't go amiss. 

And hopefully if they fix the dog bone thing, they don't create new problems like when they tried to fix the MB/BF lol

5 hours ago, ralphee said:

I do think its click bait. Could happen, but i hardly think a paid YouTuber would be privvy to such information. Im calling BS and speculation for now.

Lee

I don’t think he’s like that 

And you know what, companies like controlled “leaks” as a social media frenzy is better and cheaper than a well thought out advertising campaign 

JJ

On 2/25/2021 at 7:32 PM, Problemchild said:

controlled “leaks” as a social media frenzy is better and cheaper than a well thought out advertising campaign 

Yes, his 15,000 subscribers and 6,000 views must save Tamiya a fortune in advertising to the masses :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's either clickbait or Tamiya is engaging in some viral marketing.

You don't often get rumours for ReRes in my experience, you normally get at least a kit number or blurry picture to confirm it's true pretty much as soon as it's talked about.

One thing I do know is true is that they are doing a new production run of the Nova Fox.