dc-arena

Falcon - Re-Release apparently coming

Did they ever re re the Lambo Cheetah? I wanted one of those so bad as a kid. I did buy a rough rider in 1980 when I was in high school...and currently restoring it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mike in pa said:

Did they ever re re the Lambo Cheetah? I wanted one of those so bad as a kid. I did buy a rough rider in 1980 when I was in high school...and currently restoring it.

The Lamborghini cheetah has never been re-released the xr311 has it was tamiya's first re-release! I think it will probably get released eventually unless Lamborghini say otherwise (like Ford with the ranger XLT)

What’s the word?  Where is this re re?

Bird is the word for now.  Like you, I am eagerly awaiting news on this.

5 hours ago, Killajb said:

Bird is the word for now

Interesting. News of a certain avian variety? (cue Surfin Bird music).

18 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Interesting. News of a certain avian variety? (cue Surfin Bird music).

Perhaps  bit of an ornithological reference..

5 hours ago, Killajb said:

Perhaps  bit of an ornithological reference..

Oh, have you not heard? It was my understanding everyone had heard....(and now that song will be stuck in my head all day, can we just get a Falcon re-release already?)

On 5/28/2021 at 9:40 AM, Saito2 said:

Oh, have you not heard? It was my understanding everyone had heard....(and now that song will be stuck in my head all day, can we just get a Falcon re-release already?)

Heard what??? ;)

JJ

• Haha 2

If this is true, I'm excited for all of you who love this car and want one. Me, I think it's a heap of rubbish and after owning an original back in the day, I will not be spending money on it. ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Theibault said:

If this is true, I'm excited for all of you who love this car and want one. Me, I think it's a heap of rubbish and after owning an original back in the day, I will not be spending money on it. ;)

Are you me?! 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Theibault said:

Well, given that the thread was started over a year ago about a possible release in 2021, I’m gonna say it wasn’t true

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Theibault said:

@Theibault @BuggyDad you both should have your filthy mouths washed with soap!!  You take those truthful words back!!   :lol:  I kidd..  The Falcon.. my beloved first Tamiya..  my first real hobby grade RC was in fact rubbish.  Drive shafts made of plastic with little plastic fins which were almost certainly designed to grind themselves to powder after 100 runs.  Rear suspension arms angled out, just waiting to snag any opposing obstacle like a top angler on a record-setting marlin.  Front end tacked onto the main chassis with what has to be some form of cheese, aged to perfection.  Speaking of cheese, the entire rear roll cage was made of the same stuff, just a different color.  And yet, I LOVE IT!!!  I truly want one, although I'm tempted to make a modern version with a DT-02 chassis, yellow CVAs and yellow wheels from the re-re holiday buggy..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Killajb said:

@Theibault @BuggyDad you both should have your filthy mouths washed with soap!!  You take those truthful words back!!   :lol:  I kidd..  The Falcon.. my beloved first Tamiya..  my first real hobby grade RC was in fact rubbish.  Drive shafts made of plastic with little plastic fins which were almost certainly designed to grind themselves to powder after 100 runs.  Rear suspension arms angled out, just waiting to snag any opposing obstacle like a top angler on a record-setting marlin.  Front end tacked onto the main chassis with what has to be some form of cheese, aged to perfection.  Speaking of cheese, the entire rear roll cage was made of the same stuff, just a different color.  And yet, I LOVE IT!!!  I truly want one, although I'm tempted to make a modern version with a DT-02 chassis, yellow CVAs and yellow wheels from the re-re holiday buggy..

It did occur to me, its inclination to dissolve into a quivering pile of wobbly plastic if you looked at it the wrong way could be largely solved with double wishbone rear suspension and a sensible way of joining the front end on, then it's only a little step just to be done with the whole thing and pop a red and black shell on a DT-02 😜

However, Tamiya buggies should be judged by their wing slogan alone. Born to be wild! 😘

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

It did occur to me, its inclination to dissolve into a quivering pile of wobbly plastic if you looked at it the wrong way could be largely solved with double wishbone rear suspension and a sensible way of joining the front end on

Which Tamiya did mostly themselves, more or less, and then called it the Bearhawk ;).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2022 at 3:36 PM, curtmcgirt said:

Now it's 2022 and I have been holding my breath THIS WHOLE TIME, TAMIYA. 

Hope you aren't still holding your breath? More than another year has passed, and still no news 

A Falcon would be awesome but not sure why Tamiya would rere it given that they have just given us the new vintage-like BB platform. Granted it's not apples and apples, it feels like BB is a big bet for them so it seems to me that they would want to get their return on it. I might be totally wrong but struggle to see the business logic.

The 959 is the one I feel might actually come for the following three reasons

• Remains being a hugely popular and iconic model and I think it's fair to say there is huge pent-up demand
  • Porsche has recently launched the 911 Dakar with an optional Rothman livery and ran a whole series of social media content on the restoration of a 959 
  • Tamiya just launched the XV02 Pro kit on top of which they could make it a premium proposition 

This could also mean that they could package it as a limited edition series to maintain the aspirational status the original clearly has and avoid upsetting long-time fans by flooding supply.

Anyhow, I re-fell in love with the hobby not too long ago so all the cars I truly like - incl the 959 which was a childhood dream - are $$$ on eBay so my fingers are crossed for lots of rere's going forward :)

Hi 

First post so sorry to bump an old thead but I'm guessing this didn't happen. Falcon is on my get list. Do we know if it is being released ??

Thanks

Gimpy

3 hours ago, Gimpster said:

Hi 

First post so sorry to bump an old thead but I'm guessing this didn't happen. Falcon is on my get list. Do we know if it is being released ??

Thanks

Gimpy

Did not happen.  General consensus seems to be it's unlikely... but really we all know very little and have been wrong before.

The Falcon, probably too cheap and too fragile to re release without a big amount of improvements and probably it doesn't worth.

Max

• Like 2

What cheap got to do with it? Grasshopper, Hornet, Fighter Buggy RX all rereleased init 

• Haha 1

The Falcon is a funny one. I never liked it back in the day. To me it seemed cheap back then but it did have a certain appeal to it I can't identify. A buddy had one at the same time I had a Kyosho Icarus. My car seemed to be more stable, I am guessing due to the lower slung design and wider track but his simply looked better. The funny part comes with the fact that I wouldn't have purchased one back then but if a rere came out now, I would certainly grab one...even though I have no emotional connection to it.