Don’t want to hijack your thread, but I’m getting inspired by this. 
I have a running T Maxx in storage waiting for me after I move cross country this week. 
I also have another 85-90% complete slider parts truck. The great debate is.

Do I build the spare up as another nitro , or get some conversion kit parts ( the transmission is already reverse deleted so I would only need a single speed conversion gear and some battery/ motor mounts to me it an E converted T Maxx ) 

On 5/2/2022 at 7:49 PM, Dakratfink said:

Do I build the spare up as another nitro

that's a really good question.  If it was me, and I had one nitro that was running well, and spares weren't a problem for that nitro, and I didn't already have an electric truck like the E-Maxx, I'd probably convert the T-Maxx to electric.  Some others have done the job and it seems to be pretty effective.  I haven't owned any nitro vehicle for many, many years, I don't really have anywhere I can run them that wouldn't get at the very least some distasteful looks (the best place would be up on the hills when there's a live-fire exercise on the tank range, as there wouldn't be many walkers around because of the shelling noise and the area is deliberately de-populated to act as a sound and safety buffer between the range and the villages, but they don't do big exercises as often as they did and I don't usually know when it's going to happen).

So, I (personally, in my position) wouldn't see the point in owning more than one nitro truck, but if I had the option, I'd want something that's just as big, fast and crazy, in electric form.

OTOH, if spares are a problem for the nitro, I'd just keep it for spares.  There's no shame in having a spares car, especially if you use the nitro a lot and don't want to be without.

OTOOH, sometimes it's nice to have two cars that cover the same base, so if a friend comes over, you can loan one out.  Most of my cars have got an equivalent sister car (Fox / Bear Hawk, Manta Ray / Top Force, Super Astute / DT03, Stock Clod / Mod Clod / TXT / SMT10, MTX-1 / TLT-based 2.2 MT, CFX-W / BOM / SCX10) so if I'm going to a local event or organising a picnic in the hills or a meet-up on the beach, I can invite some carless friends along, and nobody gets left out with a terrible car (unless we do a monster truck race and someone gets the stock clod :lol:

I'm not sure if that's in any way helpful :p 

I'm not sure if that's in any way helpful :p

that’s quite helpful actually. I’m thinking along the same lines as you. And nah, spares for the nitro T Maxx aren’t an issue. Therefore I tend to agree with the second one being a E conversion