KEV THE REV

eBay direct to bank payments PayPal bypass

Is anyone here using the new eBay payments direct to your bank account that cuts out Paypal but delays payments to you ?  . How is it working out for you guys ?  .

A small nightmare......

It started when I sold a few items, expecting the cash, then eBay says I now have to sign up to get it, even though I have added a bank account and have PayPal. They wanted direct debit access so they can take fees or buyers refunds in situations of disputes without me having a say so! I have avoided it for years opting to use the one-time payment facility....

Anyway, I sold the items and had to post them etc (because of listing time frame) before I had received the cash!, It seems to take eBay 3-4 days to get the cash to me which is a bit ridiculous but nothing I can do it seems.....

• Like 1

Then I have to transfer cash back to PayPal!

It's like they want PayPal to be separate rather than the main source (maybe they want to sell PayPal in the future???)

• Like 1

I always use paypal since its safer - for me.

I dont want my money to leave my account because some dumb buyer decides he wants to scam me.

happend to me before... I always take my money out of paypal because such scenarios. On another paypal account I have like negative -45$ Balance because of a dumb buyer.

then ebay want to charge fees for “sold” but not paid items that is also taken of your account if there is balance.

so gotta be sure ebay cant take nothing from me. I do pay ebay and paypal fees.

Edit

You lose money to ebay fees right away. I called to ask if they made a mistake as the fees seem high was on the phone maybe 25 mins but was told no mistake. It even sounded like PayPal still gets some money still.

I definitely don't get money faster, takes four days to get it!

Not good

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

You get your money faster (paypal int sale 21 days for me)but lose money to ebay fees right away. I called to ask if they made a mistake as the fees seem high was on the phone maybe 25 mins but was told no mistake. It even sounded like PayPal still gets some money still.

Are you a younger person?

I made a paypal account for myself with 29years. And my bank account, it had this 21day hold. Since I got scammed there by ebay and a dumb seller.

I opened with cooperation of my mother a seperate account on her name and a foreign currency bank account she never had before.

since she is almost 70, I guess paypal trusts her and from the first sale never had a hold.

money from paypal to bank takes about 3 maximum 4 days. Easiest way for me.

It seems this is the way they want to go . You get an 'invite' do change over , but if you don't you won't get paid for sales and your listing could be ended or taken down ! ? . They did try this some time ago when they would put a hold on your payment until the customer was happy ( deadly) , that seemed to pass , and just today I the got the ' do it or else quit ' notification . So for items that you sell , you have to fork out for postage before you post , & within the time frame as Taffer said , then wait for your money . If you get payments 'daily' you will catch up , but if you sell here and there it is a waiting game . Ebay also take their cut directly from the payment plus a handling fee ( like PayPal) , not hold it on account to be paid , like it used to be .  I'm going to monitor how it goes . I post within 3 days on eBay , usually next day , but I'll bump that to 5 days if they drag their heels with payments to me .

• Like 1

Just now, tamiya_1971 said:

I thought they were going with Adyen, maybe they are just the new payment processor. 

I don't know about that , no mention of Ayden today , it might be in the small print ( like the GSP and Pitney Bowes rip off scandal - other scandals are available as you all know  ) . I sold something yesterday and today they want the 'sign up or else' ,.Now it will take 2 -3 days to verify my 'link up' so the payment is 'processing' . This is the age of the microchip , PayPal payment transfers get to my bank quicker than I can switch to the other screen , so why the heel dragging ? . A couple of years ago this was mentioned in the media that eBay was going to ditch PayPal and have all the cream for themselves . Time will tell . It was bit of a drag through space and time for me when PayPal became the 'payment way ' for eBay and such , now it is a by-word in everyday speech

43 minutes ago, taffer said:

eBay says I now have to sign up to get it, even though I have added a bank account and have PayPal

That's exactly what happened to me

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

I dont sell alot and sometimes when i sell to usa etc i get a hold on my money 21 days. I have never had a hold for local sales.

Thats strange, I sold mostly to usa last month and nothing. I wont say for sure but it could be by age maybe?

1 minute ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

I am older than you 38 lol. 

Ok but still, I am just saying I had same issues as you, with my own account

with the other account I never had a hold from day 1.

just saying it could be due to the age. Since we “younger” people like me and you... get hold oj funds from time to time... while the old lady does not. Somehow it does make sense.

• Like 1

I dont like the sound of it already. looks like they are forcing us to change and fees taken right away and 4 days to bank deposit. ouch!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

I dont like the sound of it already. looks like they are forcing us to change and fees taken right away and 4 days to bank deposit. ouch!

Likewise. I've not had any notifications from Ebay about this (although I do tend to delete all the emails I get from Ebay anyway as they send me so many marketing emails), but it sounds horrendous and I wouldn't entertain selling anything through Ebay myself if that's how they're going to play it.

20 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

Likewise. I've not had any notifications from Ebay about this (although I do tend to delete all the emails I get from Ebay anyway as they send me so many marketing emails), but it sounds horrendous and I wouldn't entertain selling anything through Ebay myself if that's how they're going to play it.

Yes but it is still a huge market place for such things like Tamiya. I never had so much success as on ebay. a lot of things sell for a day in my case. While for the same thing on local online market places it would take month or years, even with a low price.

I guess ebay want to put a stop on avoiding ebay fees and scams. If the paypal option is still a option. Why not...

1 hour ago, MadInventor said:

They are playing the worldwide market . If people drop out , that is the risk they take , but they know that they already have a strong grip on buying and selling around the world , from either big business or private seller . @MadInventor I didn't receive an email , it came up on my eBay main page as I logged on  . They have started with business sellers and are now on the trail of private sellers , so I guess it is just a matter of time before it's 'shape up or ship out' . When I started with eBay back in the good old days , eBay was very basic and a simple / fun / easy way to find and buy vintage RC / parts etc , now it is one of those corporate giants and it has all become complicated and expensive . There was a Martin Lewis report on this 'take-over bid' on one of his shows last year , you can google it

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

If the paypal option is still a option

Over here in the UK PayPal won't be an option , except for making payments . The money from sales will be going directly into your bank account and nowhere else . If you sell an item for collection only , then eBay will still take a cut of the selling price and what would have been the PayPal slice , even if it is cash on collection , they can't lose . They take their fees imediately after you selling an item  , then , as Taffer said , pay you up to 4 days later , that's more interest on your money for them too , and in the meantime you have to pay for the postage and send off goods that are basically , to you anyway , 'unpaid'

11 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

Over here in the UK PayPal won't be an option , except for making payments . The money from sales will be going directly into your bank account and nowhere else . If you sell an item for collection only , then eBay will still take a cut of the selling price and what would have been the PayPal slice , even if it is cash on collection , they can't lose . They take their fees imediately after you selling an item  , then , as Taffer said , pay you up to 4 days later , that's more interest on your money for them too , and in the meantime you have to pay for the postage and send off goods that are basically , to you anyway , 'unpaid'

Interesting. When I've sold stuff for Cash on collection previously, I've only been charged the basic selling fee, no paypal fees. Just another reason not to go back to them. I'm happy selling the tamiya stuff on here, and I don't really sell anything else on EBay. 

To be honest... I discovered something today...

well the body shell that I am awaiting from the Uk has been held by customs. Even tho the package was declared as toys and gift.

so the value has been put to 20£, while 17£ can be imported to croatia.

never less not a hugh deal as its a “gift”

but the courier told me when they opened the package there was a invoice.... do you guys include a invoice when you sell used stuff? Never heard of that.

now they want on top of 38£ for what I paid item and postage...  another 30£

I now have send a note to the courier to declare the item as a gift to customs and remove all chargers. Fingers crossed

8 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

To be honest... I discovered something today...

well the body shell that I am awaiting from the Uk has been held by customs. Even tho the package was declared as toys and gift.

so the value has been put to 20£, while 17£ can be imported to croatia.

never less not a hugh deal as its a “gift”

but the courier told me when they opened the package there was a invoice.... do you guys include a invoice when you sell used stuff? Never heard of that.

now they want on top of 38£ for what I paid item and postage...  another 30£

I now have send a note to the courier to declare the item as a gift to customs and remove all chargers. Fingers crossed

I don't include notes .

It doesn't matter if the item is a 'free gift' or not , it is the declared 'value' of the item that the charge is based on

• Thanks 1

I just phoned ebay today (well requested a call back)

They told me that ebay have sold paypal and the separation happened on 31st december 2020 so since then they have made moves to make customers have the money go to the customers account rather than paypal, paypal is to be only used for payments to buy stuff.

When I asked if ebay would be developing a digital payments platform to replace paypal, he only said we are working on sorting this out!

He also apologised for the 4 days it has been taking for the money to reach my bank account, which they are trying to speed up.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, taffer said:

I just phoned ebay today (well requested a call back)

They told me that ebay have sold paypal and the separation happened on 31st december 2020 so since then they have made moves to make customers have the money go to the customers account rather than paypal, paypal is to be only used for payments to buy stuff.

When I asked if ebay would be developing a digital payments platform to replace paypal, he only said we are working on sorting this out!

He also apologised for the 4 days it has been taking for the money to reach my bank account, which they are trying to speed up.

I did the same thing yesterday , as was told much the same . I think the 0-4 days time scale will speed up once they've got it all sorted . Paypal takes seconds to show up in your bank account if you transfer it , that used to take days a few years ago . I was reassured that sending items is 100% safe and I will get paid .

• Like 1