KEV THE REV

eBay direct to bank payments PayPal bypass

Just recently found this out, when I sold the vintage RC's on eBay, with the funds of the sales going to my club!!

We (me and the Mrs) dont feel happy at eBay having our main account details, so I'm setting up another account. 

Anyone any idea what happens if theres a dispute? 

Normally PayPal take the money back off the account, and hold it in limbo, until the matter is resolved, do they only release funds once it's been delivered /feedback left etc? But doesn't PayPal give a 30 (or is it 90?) Day guarantee?

The account won't have an overdraft, so taking money back won't be an option.

Not sure about the dispute part yet , but how do you pay your eBay fees at the moment ? . My fees come out from a direct debit on my current account . The payments are sent to your account on a daily or weekly basis ( your choice) and are sent immediately the buyer pays eBay , the 0-4 days is a processing time , not dependent on posting / receipt by buyer or feedback , as I understand it after speaking to eBay , the payments are sent to you . I would suggest that you speak to eBay re the nil overdaft situation and see what they say . I'm waiting for my first payment from eBay , which should be arrinig in my account tomorrow / Tuesday , it can vary depending on how quick your / my bank works in transferring it over from eBay to me ( PapyPal takes a matter of minutes , so I don't see why this method should take even 1 day ? . I'll be monitoring it over the next week and take it from there . Any messing around and I'll rethink it or send payments to another account like you are thinking of doing .

Haven't switched yet but it seems like for the most part, the increase in fees is offset by no longer having paypal fees. I also somehow managed to not notice after all these years that paypal charge more for payments from other countries so even the international fee ebay is introducing is negated by not having to pay paypal.

The only downside seems to be the lack of immediacy in terms of getting your funds.

And for someone like me who only lists when there are £1 final value fee offers, I should end up slightly better off for the most part.

Yes , the £1 fees makes a difference.  The fees are £1 and that's it . I've got my payments through in around 3 days each time , so , once they start the catch up daily if that's your pre-set choice . It's not as instant as PP but it could be worse . 

On 2/28/2021 at 11:05 AM, KEV THE REV said:

how do you pay your eBay fees at the moment ?

They just take it from PayPal, eBay own PayPal anyway.

Not had time to get to the bank, to sort out an account yet, but hopefully get over tomorrow (it's been 3 week's since the sale...😳

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 11:44 PM, Wooders28 said:

They just take it from PayPal, eBay own PayPal anyway.

Not had time to get to the bank, to sort out an account yet, but hopefully get over tomorrow (it's been 3 week's since the sale...😳

Ebay don't own Paypal.  They used to but the split was completed in 2015.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wongataa said:

Ebay don't own Paypal.  They used to but the split was completed in 2015.

Had a look on wiki, it says- 

In 2015, eBay spun off PayPal to eBay's shareholders. 

So not sure who owns it 😂

I didn't know Elon Musk was one of the founders in 1998! 

Its taken me that long to sort out an account, it's gone into my PayPal account anyway, so I'll just leave it as is.

Although, I sold 4 items, with the £1 max selling fee, and I've still been charged just under £40....😡

• Like 1