Sign in to follow this  
merlinh

ta01 and ta02 front upright

Approx 5mm per side. 

You'll need the longer 01 shafts and possibly longer tie rods too. 

You'll need different bearings and different king pins. You won't need longer shafts though. The 02 has the longer shafts already. 01 shafts are shorter, as are the bottom arms. 

The 02 with 01 uprights is the configuration for the ta02w

13 minutes ago, rich_f said:

You'll need different bearings and different king pins. You won't need longer shafts though. The 02 has the longer shafts already. 01 shafts are shorter, as are the bottom arms. 

do you have any recommendations for kingpins if not the part number for the ones I will need

28 minutes ago, rich_f said:

The 01 and 02 use different wheel axles. 

TA01 use 1150 bearings and the ta02 use 1260 outer and 1510 inner

are you wanting to use 01 uprights on a 02?

10 hours ago, svenb said:

The 01 and 02 use different wheel axles.

Yes sorry - when you said he'd need longer shafts I assumed you meant drive shafts (dogbones) and not wheel axles, which I forgot to mention. The wheel axles for the ta01 front uprights are the same as the ta01/ta02 rears, hence the need to change the bearings. 

Kingpins are the gold-coloured ones for the ta01, m03 (early - they changed the design for the m variant), tl01 and many others probably. 53141 is the lightweight version. Not sure what the standard ones are but you may have some spare standard gold ones from another kit. 

If you don't feel like you want the hassle or expense of changing the uprights, bearings, kingpins and wheel axles, you could get 5mm extra width by using larger offset wheels, or even by using larger wheel hexes with a shallow wheel nut. 

1 hour ago, merlinh said:

next question will ta04 king pins work

No they are a different size again.

Hi there, 

I've also got a question related to TA01 Front Upright Knuckle Arms (JazRider, Yeah Racing, GPM) : I would like to know how tall they are, in order to evaluate if I can fit them in the original C-hubs of my Wild Dagger (WR-01) :

image.png.acf9b04c8a7ac0b6b03bacffae48774c.png

I understood from the above discussion that I will need different bearings to accommodate the new steering uprights compared to the 1150 currently used in the genuine uprights from my WR-01, right ?

Many thanks for your help,

G-rem

11 hours ago, G-rem said:

I understood from the above discussion that I will need different bearings to accommodate the new steering uprights compared to the 1150 currently used in the genuine uprights from my WR-01, right ?

Looking at pics of the WR-01 (which I'd never seen until just now) it looks like it uses TL-01 uprights, which use the same bearings and kingpins as the TA-01 uprights. So if you're buying TA-01 uprights to replace them, then no, you won't need new bearings. Whether the uprights themselves will fit or not, I can't help you there. 

(It's the TA-02 uprights that have the odd-sized bearings)

• Like 1

Wild Dagger indeed uses TL01 uprights. The nice thing about that is that a LOT of Tamiya chassis share that part. Earlier Tamiya M03 and M04, FF02 and also all the WR02 versions. There's plenty of aluminium options available for any of those models.

Thanks both for your reply ! I was specifically looking at TA01 alu uprightS since the part where the steering rod needs to be fixed is quite angle inward compared to other options available. This being required to achieve what I am looking for :) 

On 3/18/2021 at 6:46 AM, G-rem said:

Thanks both for your reply ! I was specifically looking at TA01 alu uprightS since the part where the steering rod needs to be fixed is quite angle inward compared to other options available. This being required to achieve what I am looking for :) 

so far they are good a bit loose but beside that they are amazing 

• Like 1