Mike MR

Connect old acoms receiver to ESC?

I would like to get my Hi-Lux Monster Racer  up and running after 25 years.  I want to continue using the original acoms radio gear (AP-227 MK3).  Can I connect an ESC into the acoms receiver?  If so, what ESC would be suitable?  The current receiver does not have BEC on it and is sealed so cannot plug/unplug wires into it. I assume that definitely means I will need a different acoms receiver?  All new to me!

3C3E7F46-2250-4259-9EA3-C10B55B32D84.jpeg

I think I still have one 27mhz ACOMS. You can have it for shipping cost, based in VIenna/Austria. I will have a look on Sunday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Collin said:

I think I still have one 27mhz ACOMS. You can have it for shipping cost, based in VIenna/Austria. I will have a look on Sunday.

Thanks!  Is that an ACOMs receiver that I could connect a ESC to?

I think its a blue acoms with 2 channels and batt in. Should work as far I know. I will post you some pics by next week.

40 minutes ago, Collin said:

I think its a blue acoms with 2 channels and batt in. Should work as far I know. I will post you some pics by next week.

Thank you.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:03 PM, Mike MR said:

Thank you.

27am_RX.jpg

This is what I have, better I send you all of them and you check if they work. I dont have any equipment to test it.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:11 AM, Collin said:

27am_RX.jpg

This is what I have, better I send you all of them and you check if they work. I dont have any equipment to test it.

Unfortunately looks like ACOMs is a 40Mhz.  Thanks for digging these out.  Think I have managed to source one elsewhere!  Will soon see if works.

Those 27MHZ RX's will work with a ESC like Hobbywing 1060 for example  , if you have a 27MHZ handset ( if the RX's work ;) ) or the Acoms if you have a 40MHZ one . You will need to check your steering servo as the plug might be too 'fat' for the newer receiver you are getting .

Think of this as plugging into a extension cord. Not a wall socket. I would plug the steering servo into plug for channel one. Then plug in a esc with a 5volt output into channel 2. That should work. The old stuff like that is solid.