Sign in to follow this  
Dakratfink

My T3-01 Dual Rider build

So I’m Patiently awaiting my Fast Eddy Bearing set for my Dual Rider trike so I can’t start assembly yet but parts and pieces are trickling in.

While waiting I decided to assemble and paint the rider figure.

9BC9F91B-6151-46C5-9930-350F3E0BE163.jpeg

5F394523-15D8-4A67-AAC2-16EF901EC07E.jpeg

• Like 3

I also started masking and spraying the body 

So far, I’m planning on mostly stock build except full ball bearings and a 3800mah 2s Lipo power. 
I have a spare TBLE-02 around that I plan to put a dean’s plug on for the Lipo.

I’m gonna run it on the stock motor at first to see how I like it and get used to the thing and then throw in either the 370 Sport Tuned or the La Trax 7575x 370 and a metal pinion.

Suppose I’ll add hop-ups “as needed” after that. 

41854D22-CD35-410C-97C7-5ACCFCBF2CFC.jpeg

C498B878-85E4-49C8-854C-79FB503C6CA7.jpeg

• Like 3

Fitted deans plug to a TBLE-02 I have.

Bench checked all the electronics and broke in the tiny little 370 motor. 
 Part of me is already looking forward to getting a hotter motor and some upgrades but I promised myself I would try it out stock ( plus bearings and Lipo ) first.

F95FFA49-8046-4CD6-9E51-506C9E76F9AA.jpeg

B5C0EE4E-4553-4C35-9BAF-D6285286D1C2.jpeg

On 2/28/2021 at 4:46 PM, J@mes said:

These are fun, self-righting is a real plus! 

They look like a lot of fun. 
I think I’m going to run mine mostly stock when I finish the build and gradually upgrade the drivetrain for more punch.

I’m already eyeballing the LaTrax7575x 370 motor , which means I will have to get a standard 26t pinion to replace the press on one. 
I guess I’ll see from there what hop-up are “needed” 

I got the drivetrain assembled last night. 
went together really smoothly with only 2 small hiccups that I caught before they became disastrous.  Both involved pressed fittings. 
First, on the dog bone axles . I test fitted them to assure the correct fit before pressing them all the way and applying a drop of CA glue . First one went together swimmingly. The Second “stuck” othout going to the correct depth and I already had glue on it .  Fight apply a bit of acetone, gently pry it apart then reassemble to the correct length. Then I applied a thin drop of CA . Let it dry and set them aside.

Second issue was I started to press the pressed pinion on before I realized I did not have the motor mount in place.

I quickly, carefully pried it back off and reassembled everything correctly, no harm done.

Overall this gearbox is smooth with just a light dab of Tamiya grease on all the gears.

Looking forward to the rest of the assembly 

5F5B6EAB-5037-4458-B859-8CA9CD5BE857.jpeg

Servo tested and fitted.

Attaching sub frames together. Yes, that IS a worn out Hornet tyre used as a work stand

image.jpg