Sign in to follow this  
Exit13

Wildlife vs Tamiya RC

Red tailed hawks live in my hood and on various occasions swoops down and gets close to some of my RC cars scurrying across the top of the melted and then frozen snow. Today the red tailed hawk made impact with the Falcon and grabbed it but did not pick it up. He does the same thing after he tried grabs it, he perches on a tree and watches it go for a while and then moves on. Here he is today peeping the falcon after he made impact

44L2H0I.jpg

I wish I had a pic of him with talons out. Anyone else have a run in with wildlife?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

thats a shame, it was the falcon's first chance at aerial battle... im sure it would have won that battle. did the talons do much to the falcon?

Was there damage to the Falcon? (of COURSE the hawk goes after the car named like a bird!) Talon marks on the wing?

• Like 1

wow, hawk vs falcon :D

The closest I've come to wildlife here in Britain is running over a dog egg in the park.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, nel33 said:

thats a shame, it was the falcon's first chance at aerial battle... im sure it would have won that battle. did the talons do much to the falcon?

So I have my beat headphone on when I run my cars outside and they do a pretty good job of noise canceling but when the bird hit my car I heard a crash almost like I ran the car into something. The sound is how I know he made impact. All the other times he turned away before the grab. No damage that I can see to the car but then again this car has been rolling over for 30 plus years including this weekend. 
Isfjkul.jpg

1 hour ago, El Gecko said:

Was there damage to the Falcon? (of COURSE the hawk goes after the car named like a bird!) Talon marks on the wing?

No. Nothing that I can see. It was wild to see in full on going for the grab and then boom-impact. Didn’t attempt to pick up. He just headed over to a tree and watched me Run my car for a bit. 

46 minutes ago, Exit13 said:

So I have my beat headphone on when I run my cars outside and they do a pretty good job of noise canceling but when the bird hit my car I heard a crash almost like I ran the car into something. The sound is how I know he made impact. All the other times he turned away before the grab. No damage that I can see to the car but then again this car has been rolling over for 30 plus years including this weekend. 
Isfjkul.jpg

LOL of all the times he decides to attack, he goes through with it. its good to know there was no damage. a wire could possibly be snagged/cut that way though id think they'd aim for the body and not the wiring. the hawk was likely why the rabbit was wearing body armor that time...

It’s really too funny on the asphalt the birds don’t even come by. But on the snow it’s must look so attractive that it usually get red tailed hawks attention immediately after I start running it. But they never tried to grab until the day I made this post. I tried to video it but he didn’t come immediately. He waited a while and then came but I did have camera I hand trying to Capture it assuming he was coming as soon as my Buggy appeared. I wish I could have shared the image with you all. He is a big bird and it looked so Cool!!