Clodbusterfan

Ripper pro or Rage chassis?

So I am looking into buying a Ripper pro or Rage chassis. I already have 2 Clods that have Time Warp chassis'. Between the Ripper and Rage which one is more durable and which one is best performance wise for jumping? Would I need any aftermarket braces to make these chassis' stronger? Thanks for your help guys and gals!

16 minutes ago, Clodbusterfan said:

So honestly... will the Ripper and Rage chassis' break fairly easily?

You might join and check out the Thunder Tech Racing F-Book page for more info on the Ripper or Rage. 

I'm not sure why you would think they would break easily. With anything, it depends on how you drive it, what you are doing with it, etc. 

With 2 Clod-based trucks already why not go with a shaft-driven truck for some variety?  As for your original question; I've never used either of those chassis, but Thunder Tech makes nice stuff and I'm sure both are strong & durable.  Have never had an issue with any of their parts.  

6 hours ago, Clodbusterfan said:

What monster truck would be considered a shaft driven truck?

Anything with a center transmission and drivshafts that drive the axles.  Clod is a motor on axle setup.  Shaft trucks would include the Tamiya TXT, Axial SMT10, Losi LMT, etc.

I just love my Clods so much I dont want to change to a different truck. Anyone know how the instructions are for a Ripper pro chassis?