Sign in to follow this  
Fyksen

Headlights and glue?

Ok, the problem is this. Included two sided tape just dont hold the headlight and rear lights. This was experienced today when my son drove around with his car for a while today. 

Weather conditions was this, sunny but alittle bit wet asphalt which dried up pretty fast. Some moist on the inside of the body did happen. 

So, will hot glue do the trick or should I get some semi heavy duty tape for this? 

Also if lexan body hot glue might melt it or deform it. Not that I've ever done that. Ever. No.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Jon said:

Shoe Goo, the magical adhesive.

You can even fix your shoes with it!

Indeed. That is what I use too, and I have never lost a light bucket.

Silicone sealant from the plumbing section at the hardware store would be an option. Super easy to remove if needed too,.

5 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

gotta know what the model kit is

Yes - it appears some people are giving advice for affixing lenses, while others are giving advice for light buckets

The OP mentions double-sided tape, so I imagine that means light buckets. (I only have a couple of cars with light buckets but they both use tape to hold them to the body). And since they are usually affixed to a painted section of the inside of the body, you have to be careful that the adhesive you use doesn't affect the paint - otherwise you might see it from the outside of the body. 

Well, thanks for advice. It is the light buckets that became loose and almost fell off. I will stay away from hotglue and try some of the other stuff thats mentioned.