wilysloth

Traction rolling on 4wd bashing buggy

I have an expendable little 4WD bashing buggy my children are using before moving on to some Tamiya models but it traction rolls all the time when turning at pace. Something I'd like to fix.

My guess is that we have too much grip for hooning around on the street at full throttle. This is somewhat confirmed after running in the ice recently, it was a lot more fun. Given a lack of adjustability on the model I think my best option might be to change tyres to something less grippy; the current ones are very soft and grippy.

What are my options for 2.2" tyres, for use on rough unprepared asphalt, for less grip and more power sliding. I was thinking of something like this on all four corners:

Schumacher Mini Spikes (Blue)

Would switching to thinner front wheels also help? Any other easy to implement ideas?

use it in good fun and dont try to tune a toy rc. quite a few tamiya kits at 90-115 bucks.

5 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

use it in good fun and dont try to tune a toy rc.

I agree in principle, only it'll be more fun without having to flip it over at such frequent intervals. And a quick tyre swap is hardly bothersome, the problem is the little thing is too capable. :)