Boomstick

Lipo question

Is it normal for a 3s to be much larger dimensionally than a 2s? I ordered a 3s for my Blackfoot speed run and the battery is way too big to fit in the battery compartment! A 2s barely fits! Is there a 3s that's smaller or am I now tasked to make my own battery door? 

A 2s ,has 2 Lipo cells wired in Serise.

A 3s has 3 Lipo cells wired in Serise, so usually a bit bigger.

You'll maybe need to go for a 'softcase' Lipo, they've not got a protective case, but it does mean they're not as bulky (But more prone to damage).

I've a couple of turnigy ones out of hobbyking that work well, also a couple of Flourean ones. I've an Orion hardcase, but hard to get those now.

Hobbyking also do a 2s 'super shorty ' ,which are about the size of a 1s saddle. It's possible to fit 2 in a boomerang,  for 4s...😉😁

• Thanks 1

There are 3S Hard Case Lipos with the same dimensions as 2S Hard Case ones.

Overlander 4000mah Hard Case Low Profile 3S is one.

• Thanks 1

Depends on capacity mostly I’d say

im running 3s 2200mah which is about the width of a stick pack, a bit shorter and a bit thicker 

Tight fit in the beetle but perfect in the TT02b

JJ

Ive have looked at size measure lists from Lipo battery producer, both Problemchild & Wood are correct. Sice depends on both Mah & how many cells.

More mah have a tendency to make then longer/wider, more Cells have a tendency to make them higher (very often), I always check size before i buy them as there is no stsndard size on them, thats my tip off the day.

• Like 2

Luckily the new battery came with a strap so I took the battery door off, cut a steel bar the length of the hinge and used that along with the oem white door pin to strap the battery in. It worked really well and lowered the center of gravity. Now if only the weather here would cooperate I'd get some speed runs in... Belted tires are next thing I need before I send this thing into another dimension... That and Amazon to deliver my gps speedometer...

• Haha 1