Busdriver

Plaza Japan

Just looking through this site and I know a lot of you use them . Their prices look really good and they have some static models in stock that I haven’t seen in the UK for a while. How do their prices work out with taxes delivery etc?

• Like 1

Delivery tends to be very reasonable when offset against the potential savings to be made on parts, which can be significant 

I've found that equation breaks down once you get to large items, irrespective of weight. For example, adding a body set to my basket sent the shipping costs through the roof, it just wasn't worth it. So I'm not sure how it would work out with kits

Up to the end of 2020 they were just about the only seller where I occasionally got hit with import charges, mostly using their Fedex option. In 2021 I'm three orders in, all shipped via the DHL service, and so far no charges

Which I have probably now just banjaxed :lol:

• Thanks 1

I would say if its not available in the UK and you do not mind paying above the UK price go for it.  If you are buying because the initial cost is lower I woud say buy from the UK. The little if any you save is not worth it.

• Thanks 1

I bought 4 sets from them to offset postage 

don’t remember getting charged with any duty but was only about £40

JJ

• Thanks 1

Only had good experiences ordering from Plaza, only paid charges once and I think that may have been because I ordered some tools at the same time, all the RC parts I've ordered have taken about 7-9 days to be delivered using the express option by Japan mail, and generally had some good savings, I try to split what I buy between the UK and Japan and used to use Tamico but not at the moment as they aren't sending orders under £135.

I'd say go for it with parts, for full kits I'm not sure the delivery charge makes it worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Plaza Japan are worthwhile for the stuff you can’t find nearer, the newspaper packing material & complimentary gifts on even the smallest orders are really endearing.

In the US they are my go to source now that Tamico is no longer shipping (technically you can special order from tamico, but you have to email them and get quotes etc).