Sign in to follow this  
simalarion

Help to buy right Wheel/Rim to my new Tires

spacer.pngPlease help me buy wheel/rims/felger for my new tires. My main problem is the terrible lack off information given from many off the webshops, it is also firts time buying and getting into this.

So there was this sellout on j concept tires in Norway so i grabbed some for my Buggys TGH & Top-Force. The only description given on Elefun.no is that is 2.2 tires for 1/10 Buggy, they are also 12mm hex, please see pictures for models i bought. From what i understand 2.2 format will not fit the Rims/Wheel i have.

And what about all this talk about glue, i never glued any tires i got NIB, is this only when you have a bad fit?, i also saw glue was used even if both tires and rim was bougt @ j concept, why?, then it must be much harder to use those rims with other tires.

Thanks for all the help i can get,  i often get more frustrated the more i google on dome subjects :)

So it sounds like you will need to pick up wheels to fit the tires.  You will need 2.2 wheels. However the tires dont have a hex, the wheels do. Glue (CA GLUE) keeps the tires on the wheel. 

59 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

So it sounds like you will need to pick up wheels to fit the tires.  You will need 2.2 wheels. However the tires dont have a hex, the wheels do. Glue (CA GLUE) keeps the tires on the wheel. 

Yes i know (well i think i know) that the Hex is on the wheel and is ofthen 12 on Tamiya but many also use 17 Hex size, the Hex itself i belive is on the wheel axl, But what about widht? - Front rear Tires are not the same?, and The grasshopper front i believe mustg have new Rims/Wheels.

Also i now read that the Top-Force Stock Wheels are so close (2.16) that i can Glue them on the Stock wheel, not sure if that is so good idea if i want to change back though.

Width on front T-F is 30mm, back seem to be 40mm

ps: wish we all could use mm, USA always have to mess with standard meassurement ;)

Edit: And for the record, i have not picked them up yet, i will do after dinner today. So then i can meassure them for myself. Then i have to check the Grasshopper front .... 

what kit are you buying tires for? Grasshopper and top force are diffent wheel sizes

Yes, i tried to explain that in first post actually - 2wd Front is for Grashopper, and i am quite sure i need new 2.2 Rims/wheels for that one,  4wd front is for Top-force Front, and i do believe bot rear and front 2.2 should fit Top-Force if i use Glue.

Im not sure about Rear Grasshopper though, Rear 2.2 Tires will not fit

Grasshopper rear:

image.png.c364bdd3a008d9bc0eeb4b67d8d3f0dd.png

Believe i will probably need a Hex adapter on rear grasshopper as well, as usual i can not find a straight answear when i google on that subject either ....

It sounds like you'll need some new wheels and adaptors for the Grasshopper. You can get 12mm rear hex adaptors and 12mm bearing hex adaptors for the front. You'll use these with 2.2in wheels, which will fit the tires you've bought. 

A standard hop up for the Hornet back in the 80's was to fit Wildone/Fox wheels, tires and adaptors.

• Thanks 1