zakspeed

XR311 Alternative paint ideas?

I've spent the last couple of days trying to find images of different paint schemes for the xr311.. The vast majority are box art, spotted a red one a yellow one and the alternative zebra box art.. My very first xr311 from the 80's was a light gold (sadly no pics) I have two xr311's one is box art and the other I'm just about to start an rc channel ally build and wanted a civilian colour, was thinking a deep red metallic or black metallic .. Any one have pics, ideas or suggestions??? 

Dark Blue with red Cobra insignias ( from GI Joe/ Action Force if you’re on that side of the pond ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zakspeed said:

I've spent the last couple of days trying to find images of different paint schemes for the xr311.. The vast majority are box art, spotted a red one a yellow one and the alternative zebra box art.. My very first xr311 from the 80's was a light gold (sadly no pics) I have two xr311's one is box art and the other I'm just about to start an rc channel ally build and wanted a civilian colour, was thinking a deep red metallic or black metallic .. Any one have pics, ideas or suggestions??? 

I would try searching for pictures of the Cheetah, as this might have some alternative paint schemes 1:1 & 1:10 👍

Yeah, usually most models have loads of different schemes carried out.. Somehow the xr311 has a very loyal following for box art... I'll try and come up with something original... 

Following with interest. 
i have one I have been waiting to build because I can’t decide on paint! 
found this which is a bit more black but by no means civilian

i was thinking something like the BMW carbon black which is a lovely pearlescent blue-black  or perhaps the Italian red TS-8 for something way different 

D8475F36-36F4-4E51-8387-FE4D2C50D23D.png