schlabinski

Michigan Ice Monster - a lowered Clod build

On 3/16/2021 at 10:07 AM, 87lc2 said:

Looks fantastic, I really like the lower stance.  How do you like that Ofna servo saver?  I mainly use the Kimbrough 124's, but have seen those used quite a bit.  

Thank you!  This is the first time I've used one of these Ofna servo savers.  I usually use the Kimbrough #124 as well, but figured I'd try the blue on this truck.  The Ofna appears to be better quality...the plastic is nicer and there's a bit of metal in the center section (but still plastic underneath as well as the typical plastic spline adapter).  I'm not sure how to accurately compare stiffness to the Kimbrough, but I'd guess they are similar.

On 3/16/2021 at 11:54 AM, Dakratfink said:

Since I first stumbled on your build thread I googled the original Michigan Ice Monster and have found some pics and YouTube clips of it running.

I really like your custom work and your stance on this thing.

Awesome!  Thank you.  I'll admit I didn't try very hard to make it look super close to the real Ice Monster as I'd rather be having fun with it.  But I sure appreciate those folks that really go all out making them look just like the real thing.

10 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

This is great, I really like the lowered look and I love the colours

Def one of the nicest looking Clod's I've seen,

Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback!

• Like 1