Sign in to follow this  
burakol

Is this worth $70?

Came across this listing on facebook marketplace. It says a Frog chassis for $70. Seller claims to know nothing about it except that it comes with a Revtech motor. I know nothing about this chassis as well so I am wondering if it's worth his asking price, plus considering the parts that I may need to source to rebuild... 

Am I better off getting a new kit instead, or do you guys see some potential here? I do see some YOU-G front tires and probably some other hop-ups based on the color of the parts alon but not too sure... I have not built this chassis before ever.  Thanks. 

Screenshot_20210303-220316_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-220757_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-220809_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-220827_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-220843_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-220901_Facebook.jpg

And the heat sink looks like it’s something like one of these. It’s been so long since I built a frog, but looks like the front suspension has had a ‘home-made’ modification as those front dampers and damper towers are not original. 

C01516D4-9F1F-4C38-AF2A-CF241B17E0A6.jpeg

There are some Hop-ups on the car including:

blue Parma heat sink
revtech motor
3rd party rear shocks
Parma rear sway bar
CRP front bumper
unkniwn front shock mods
Parma uni-shock front arms
3rd party tires
And probably a few others

Is the car worth it???

As a first ORV, no. Buy a ReRe. As a second ORV, yes buy it for the Hop-Ups.  If the car is wrecked, no amount of cool hop-ups will fix that.

My opinion...

Terry

Also, based on the steering mechanism, I’d say this car started life as a Brat...

Terry

• Like 1

Thank you. Ill see if i can bring the price down a bit. It will probably sit for a while before finances gets better. Tbh, i probably should pass  given that a 4th child is on the way...

I'd have to know a lot more about it before dropping that much, but if I was in the market for another project Frog (and enough of the car was usable), this would be a good start to a cool period restoration. Guessing it's a Brat that was converted to Frog spec (with a few extra hopups) for someone's weekend racer back in the day, but it's actually a bit of a mind boggler for one big reason: It's hard to say if the chassis has been dyed or painted, but that dark gray spaceframe was only used on much later Blackfoot series ORVs.