Ryz82

JIS M or L tamiya screwdriver ?

Whats the common size for the Tamiya (JIS/Philips) screwdriver ? Is the M (medium) #74119 or L (large) #74120 preferred for covering most of the kits needs ?

Not sure if i should pick up both, or possibly go with the ratcheted version #74152 (or shaft for use in separate driver #69932) both of which are the L (large) only.

Currently use a small ratchetted set from LHWS with multiple normal philips heads, and although the ratchet has improved reliabliity (less strippping) i still end up with a few (self tapers usually) where the extra force required still ends up stripping or near stirppping the heads completley :(

Get both.

The large one is for all the 3mm machine and self tapping screws, the medium is for the smaller screws like the ones to hold in receiver switches and to hold 2/3 piece wheels together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with Berman and Jonathan. The "L" for most screws. My "M" is hardly ever used and is still like  new.

Seems a fairly solid consensus here.

May grab the L bit for my ratchet driver/handle for extra ease, and just pickup the M as full screwdriver.

I've used the 74006 & 74007 screwdrivers with the black plastic handles for years but recently treated myself to a 74119 & 74120 PRO versions - not a lot more money but more comfortable to use.

Not sure I would pay almost £40 for a 74152 ratchet handle & 1 bit... 

Using correct JIS screwdrivers is a must - stops screw heads getting damaged.

59 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

I've used the 74006 & 74007 screwdrivers with the black plastic handles for years but recently treated myself to a 74119 & 74120 PRO versions - not a lot more money but more comfortable to use.

Not sure I would pay almost £40 for a 74152 ratchet handle & 1 bit... 

Using correct JIS screwdrivers is a must - stops screw heads getting damaged.

Yeh was going to go the PRO with the  better handles, was thinking more the bit itself, and use with separate handle and ratchet i already have.

But either way, definatley be picking at least the PRO versions

• Like 1