Watts

Top Force Evolution 58107! Over the moon :)

Hey lads,

Just splurged on the car I've been wanting for decades, like many of us, a 1992 Top Force Evolution.  Really happy with it, though it's not in quite the condition I expected (or paid for).  Clearly has been run a few times as can be seen in some chips and stress on the paint and chassis, as well as the shocks, but nevertheless a fairly complete kit, original box, manual, tires, wheels etc.  Really enjoying just going through it and I've done a brilliant job parenting as both my sons are nearly as happy as I am :D

As it's not in tip top shape I am in fact going to run it.  Nothing stupid and I won't be doing so with the original wheels/tires/shell, but I am going to enjoy it for a while before doing a full strip down restoration to then get it to mint.  Comments more than welcome!

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

• Like 9

It looks pretty good to me bit of a shame about the crack on the body but still looks superb👍 I bought a really bad condition one for way more than it was worth so don't beat yourself up about over paying because its worth whatever the enjoyment you get out of using it then rebuilding it IMO? My one had the original hi-caps on the back and other manufacturers on the front then I had a bit of an idea to sell the original rear shocks and they paid for the re-release hi-caps and front bumper and  new under tray and then over the years I've slowly replaced all the very used parts but I've probably spent far more than it will ever be worth and that doesn't concern me one bit because of the enjoyment I've had from it!

20210220_134709.jpg

• Like 1

Have fun with it :) the Top Force Evo was meant to race, so get out and race it.  Lots of people still race them in vintage classes :)

• Like 1

if ever you fancy selling the box, send me a pm!

ive owned mine a few years now, bought this before the vintage revolution began. its not been run and to be honest i totally overpaid, but i dont mind, as said above its the value to yourself and what you think its worth, needless to say, the wife thinks it cost a small portion of what it actually cost!

IMG_3395.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Watts said:

Hey lads,

Just splurged on the car I've been wanting for decades, like many of us, a 1992 Top Force Evolution.  Really happy with it, though it's not in quite the condition I expected (or paid for).  Clearly has been run a few times as can be seen in some chips and stress on the paint and chassis, as well as the shocks, but nevertheless a fairly complete kit, original box, manual, tires, wheels etc.  Really enjoying just going through it and I've done a brilliant job parenting as both my sons are nearly as happy as I am :D

As it's not in tip top shape I am in fact going to run it.  Nothing stupid and I won't be doing so with the original wheels/tires/shell, but I am going to enjoy it for a while before doing a full strip down restoration to then get it to mint.  Comments more than welcome

IMG_2154.jpg

Looks like a great find. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? pm of you want :)

On 3/4/2021 at 4:48 AM, moffman said:

It looks pretty good to me bit of a shame about the crack on the body but still looks superb👍 I bought a really bad condition one for way more than it was worth so don't beat yourself up about over paying because its worth whatever the enjoyment you get out of using it then rebuilding it IMO? My one had the original hi-caps on the back and other manufacturers on the front then I had a bit of an idea to sell the original rear shocks and they paid for the re-release hi-caps and front bumper and  new under tray and then over the years I've slowly replaced all the very used parts but I've probably spent far more than it will ever be worth and that doesn't concern me one bit because of the enjoyment I've had from it!

20210220_134709.jpg

Thanks!  I keep going back and forth on the white lettering for mine - it looks great on yours but sometimes I think it looks sleeker without.  Decisions, decisions!  Luckily I believe that crack is actually only in the paint underneath.  I have to take a full, detailed look still on the whole thing top to bottom, but I think the shell is actually "okay"

On 3/4/2021 at 5:11 AM, catman79 said:

if ever you fancy selling the box, send me a pm!

ive owned mine a few years now, bought this before the vintage revolution began. its not been run and to be honest i totally overpaid, but i dont mind, as said above its the value to yourself and what you think its worth, needless to say, the wife thinks it cost a small portion of what it actually cost!

IMG_3395.JPG

Looks mint!  

Thanks for the comments and compliments all, you are right, it's about the enjoyment you get out of it and so far that's been fantastic, been wearing a ****-eating grin for the past two days already:D

As for cost I don't mind sharing, it's just info at this point, it was basically a grand even ($1000).  There was one a couple weeks back that came with 3 shells (tho none in box art) and may not have had the manual, it was missing something.  I wanted to get a complete one if possible and also, while I'm not always a fan of box art, with the Evo I've always loved it, and didn't want to go the repro-decals route.  This had everything together and I like the completeness of it.  Even has little tire marks inside the box where someone was obviously working on it at some point and turned it on without realizing it was at part throttle and there's little spike-tire skidmarks on it!  Little details like that, I love the history of it.  I was going to get the Evo re-re in May but it's a bit cut-spec and I thought, just get the real things while I still can...

• Like 1

A $1000 is not bad at all! I've probably spent that amount + but I have no regrets I've got no box so that's a good bonus you have there! as for the tyre lettering I use to be a dab hand at it but literally overnight I just lost the nack no idea why so my topforce evolution was the last time I did it (rubbish close up) 

IMG_20150711_193534.jpg

• Haha 1