Sign in to follow this  
Eskay

Blitzer Beetle 2011 help

Hi all,

can anyone help regarding this model please? I’m going to buy on as they are coming back into stock this week. I’ve been searching in the forum and google, but cant get answers to below questions.

I need to know if the standard 13tooth pinion is steel or not? 

I want to put a Super Stock BZ in for some extra speed, and don’t know if the standard ESC will handle it. I believe it is 23 turn. Two shops currently selling the kit and quoting different ESCs. So I'm confused.

Its only going to be for fun, but I’ll but I will fully ball-race it.

I want to get all the bits in one delivery, and I dont want to buy additional parts unless I have to, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

The kit supplied pinion is probably non-coated aluminum. A steel, or hardened aluminum one is a good upgrade. 

The ESC should be okay with the BZ motor.

I've had a few of them now and considering they are a simple designed chassis and gearbox I've had brushless combo in one with 2s lipo and it handled it no problem gearbox that is I think all tamiya brushed/brushless esc's are max 23 turn and I would always change the stock pinion!

Cheers moffman. Ive ordered up now. The kit suddenly came available from Time Tunnel, and they have an option to upgrade the esc, so got a nice 15turn esc with the kit. Sealed bearings and a 13t 0.8 steel pinion coming from ebay, along with a super stock bz. 
This should tide me over nicely while I convert my TA02.

I'd be happy if they would keep the wheels in stock for the Blitzers, any color.  

9 hours ago, RCvet said:

I'd be happy if they would keep the wheels in stock for the Blitzers, any color.  

Have you tried Time Tunnel?

Shows "service stock" only.  I think that means when they get them if I read correctly.