Sign in to follow this  
D Rock

HELP - BRUSHLESS 10.5T

Hi All, need some help as I have a 10.5T Brushless Tamiya Motor but not too sure which ESC to get for it. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a Tamiya 10.5 in my Jumper. I’m using the typical TBLE02 with no issues. I bought a Tamiya Sensor Cable to complete the set. Works great.

That said, there are better ESCs out there...

Terry

• Like 1

The TBLE-02 works fine if you gear conservatively and/or run a cooling fan, but can thermal as 10.5t is right at the limit of its spec. If you want to run more extreme gearing that thermals a TBLE-02, the Quicrun 10BL120 is a good option, which gives plenty of headroom in terms of current draw.

• Like 2

I've also found the SkyRC TS120 a good option, it is basically the same spec as the hobbywing mentioned above. I have them in various race cars.

A cheap option is the Trackstar 80a Turbo from Hobbyking. I have used them in the past and they were great, and just bought a couple more, one for an F1 car and the other as a spare as they're cheap enough to keep in the toolbox in case they're needed.

Both have programming cards which are worthwhile investments. Being able to add dynamic timing really transforms the car. 

• Like 2

Thanks very much for the advice. Gives me a few options and I'll let you know how I get on.