Sign in to follow this  
sansoora

Tamiya Avante Black...Advice Appreciated

Dear All,

I went slightly mad last year. Seeing prices go up, watching too much 'RCKicks' and 'Tamiya Legends', I was spurred onto buying loads of bits in the fear that they'd become too expensive for me to ever afford again. Now that the reality of space, kids, money and wife have dawned, I am trying to sell some of the cars that I purchased in haste.  

This Avante Black has never been used. It was purchased to sit on the shelf as I'd daren't drive it. I was going to put it on Ebay tomorrow, but would really appreciate any pointers on what they are worth now? I can't find a single assembled one for sale as a comparator. The car came with a brushless system, but have no clue on the spec. Any pointers really appreciated. Here's a photo:

PXL_20210228_171349909.jpg

PXL_20210228_172100649.jpg

PXL_20210305_173837427.jpg

1. Lots of pictures including underneath.

2. Describe as best you can

3. Three to seven day auction to sell fast. Buy it now doesn’t work so good at least for me. 

4. Worth 350 to 450 maybe

• Like 1

How long after selling it do you give yourself wanting one again and not being able to find one?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

1. Lots of pictures including underneath.

2. Describe as best you can

3. Three to seven day auction to sell fast. Buy it now doesn’t work so good at least for me. 

4. Worth 350 to 450 maybe

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. It owed me £460 including postage, but would probably take around £400 for it. 

I'll probably put it up on auction starting at £300 and see what happens. 

I totally agree with you on the buy it now, it's never worked for me either.

Awesome.

17 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

How long after selling it do you give yourself wanting one again and not being able to find one?

I really went a little mad last year. I call having the lockdown blues. I also have an Avante 2001 which I really shouldn't have purchased. Oh and a Kyosho Ultima and some other  random bits which I bought in lots. Ugh.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Willsls1 said:

I've seen them in the range of high 700s to 1k on eBay. 

Cheers Wills

£1k? People are crazy! That's a family holiday! I got it for £460 and was hoping something similar. I've put it on Ebay now so am at mercy of bidders. I've been getting offers of £250 - £350 - I'm holding out!

On 3/6/2021 at 11:30 AM, sansoora said:

I'll probably put it up on auction starting at £300 and see what happens. 

It might struggle to get going at £300, but if you start it at 99p you'll get loads of interest, and make sure it ends around this time on a Sunday you'll probably see £400+ :)

3 hours ago, Wez-li said:

It might struggle to get going at £300, but if you start it at 99p you'll get loads of interest, and make sure it ends around this time on a Sunday you'll probably see £400+ :)

Really appreciate the ebay wisdom,. I'd already started this one. I have decided to follow your logic and started one for my Avante 2001 starting at £1. Thanks again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sansoora said:

Cheers Wills

£1k? People are crazy! That's a family holiday! I got it for £460 and was hoping something similar. I've put it on Ebay now so am at mercy of bidders. I've been getting offers of £250 - £350 - I'm holding out!

Sorry bro didn't see you were talking in pounds. This is $700 to $1000 for these Avante kits. 

The whole Tamiya market on Ebay has gone full clown shoes really. Most of the F1 and Touring car kits are in the $500 to $1000 range.  

11 hours ago, sansoora said:

Really appreciate the ebay wisdom,. I'd already started this one. I have decided to follow your logic and started one for my Avante 2001 starting at £1. Thanks again.

Yeah, bought and sold a few bits on there, you'd be surprised how much end times and start prices factor into the final value. 

I take it this is yours? :)

Screenshot_20210308_084031.jpg