Hi all, I'm new here, owned numerous Tamiyas when I was younger but came across this the other day and couldn't say no. I'm not sure if it's classed as 'vintage' or not but it's 17 years old so not new! 

1995 Isuzu Mu, unbuilt, still in its box with all the bits, instructions, even the original 1400 battery although I'm not expecting that to work! 

I'm probably going to build it with my son but thought I'd ask on here if this is a collectible model and if so if it is worth much? Just if it is it might be better in someone's collection than getting driven around by an 8 year old who's already destroyed a few new RC cars (I might have helped him a bit!). I figured finds like this have to be hard to come by these days?  Thanks for your help. 

20210306_201532.jpg

20210306_201316.jpg

20210306_201301.jpg

• Like 2

I couldn’t tell you. I’ve never seen one or heard of this model. Looks cool though. If it were me, I’d build it!!

Great find! Vintage XC's are collectible and can go around $500 NIB. I wouldn't give one to an 8 year old. I bought an Isuzu MU Type X last week and it hit the wall by itself on the first run and cracked the body.

• Like 1

You could sell it and buy 2 comical buggies to build and run with your son (or two dump trucks!)

agree with the above, its a collectable and there are better buggies for cheaper that would suit an 8yr a lot better, and cope a lot more abuse. I'd also recommend something like the lunchbox, silly bit fun! But it really depends what you want from the rc car and where you can run it.

Thanks, this is kind of what I'm thinking, sell it on and buy something cheaper and more sturdy! 

Maybe I'll stick it on eBay and see what it goes for, although I am also tempted to build it up and not let my son have a go! 😬

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Peterallye said:

Thanks, this is kind of what I'm thinking, sell it on and buy something cheaper and more sturdy! 

Maybe I'll stick it on eBay and see what it goes for, although I am also tempted to build it up and not let my son have a go! 😬

Thanks. 

Put it on the trade thread on this site and see what comes of it if you decide to move it on.

2 hours ago, Peterallye said:

Thanks. 

You can still sell it and buy the 2018 release Isuzu MU and have extra money for upgrades. It already comes with ESC and off-road tires. You can also buy an additional lexan body and a gear reduction for your son to run it without damaging it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Put it on the trade thread on this site and see what comes of it if you decide to move it on.

Thanks, I'll do that. I try to avoid eBay at all costs but sometimes it's the only way! 

• Like 1