Steveskates

Wild Willy or WW2

Hello,  i recently bought my son his first starter rc car (a 1/18 deerc) and he loved it, only once I started showing him pictures of my old Wild Willy, he set his mind on trying to get one.  (I wish I knew what happened to mine!). My son is 9,  So he doesn’t exactly have the money to purchase one!  I’m a school teacher in South Carolina so I don’t exactly have the money to help too much!  Lol...  does anyone have one that they might be willing to part with for a reasonable price?  Maybe somewhere in the two hundred dollar range?  I’m sure the original WW is a lot more, but I thought maybe the WW2 would be close?  Or am I out of touch?  Thank you!  Steve 

Wild Willy 2 is still knocking around in the shops.

Tamico.de have them in Germany - https://tamico.de/Tamiya-Wild-Willy-2-WR-02-Kit-58242

Not exactly local to South Carolina, but it gives you an idea of price and possible availability.

The original Wild Willy will likely be much more fragile and much more expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the response!  I have seen a few of those kits on eBay.  I was hoping to find one that is assembled and painted.  Putting one together and painting seems like a daunting task!  My son is pretty artistically inclined, but painting a model and figuring out how to pair it with the necessary components to get it to work; remote control etc.  that seems difficult!  Thank you again for your reply.  If anyone knows of any for sale, complete, please let me know.  Again, I’m a school teacher- so I’m not exactly rolling in money!  I’d be looking to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $200. And again, I’m kinda out of touch when it comes to this stuff, so I don’t know if that’s a realistic expectation.  Thanks again... again

I’d encourage you both to try and build the kit together. There is loads of help on here and we will all be happy to help get you started. It will be easier to fix the inevitable repairs if you built it yourself and it’s not as hard as you think. Plenty of us are able to run you through the process step by step.

it really is half the fun and you get a sense of accomplishment plus some bonding time. 

Thanks for the encouragement.  I’ll definitely give it some thought!  With two young boys and a full time job, it might be difficult to find the time! But, I can see how it would be a lot of fun for us and we would learn a lot.  I’m most intimidated by the painting part!  Thanks again for the advice.  I can see that this site would be/ will be a resource!  Thanks!