JennyMo

WANTED: Jeep Wrangler CC-01 hardbody (84071)

Long shot I know, but having hacked around two of these already (Ozzy's YJ and Sharon's TJ) I'm now looking for another Jeep Wrangler hardbody for a mini-me project I want to build for a friend of mine here in the US.

pn. TAM9335171

Currently they appear to be out of stock everywhere, and although a number of US retailers are saying 'back-ordered' until the end of March, I'm not holding out too much hope at the moment... So if anyone on here is hoarding a new one, let me know how much you'd like for it plus postage - obviously it would be better if it was somewhere in the US, but equally I'm happy to pay shipping from the UK/EU as long as it's not silly expensive.

I await any replies with cautious optimism - and promise a fully detailed build thread too for your collective entertainment!

Jenny x

Banggood.com have some, but the price has risen a lot since I bought my a few years ago (listed for me at about $90 AUD). There is also Alibaba, I saw a couple of listings there, a lot cheaper too, but many had min order quantities.

Hi Yogi - thanks for that... I've seen a couple of other places listing them [with the suggestion they are in stock], and even bought one - only to get an email saying it was currently back-ordered... I've not found any online retailer who actually has stock, only those prepared to take your money on a promise they might show up by the end of this month.

It would be nice to think Tamiya are still moulding these for the crawler market, but since the original kit is now discontinued, I fear they are going to be in short supply now...

Still, if anyone has one they've not made a start on - do let me know what you'd like for it - it's a project I really want to see come to fruition.

Jenny x

ps. to clarify, I'm talking about the specific Tamiya Jeep Wrangler (YJ) body [pn. TAM9335171] which came on the CC-01 and CR-01 chassis vehicles - I'm aware there are any number of other later (JK) bodies available, and indeed have bought one for another project I'm currently working on - but it's specifically the Tamiya YJ shell I'm after for this particular build.

Still looking for one of these... if you have one for sale, please let me know your price via PM.

Jenny x

8 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Thanks Re-Bugged, but unfortunately that looks like a [very] old listing...

...plus a quick google and "ausverkauft" means sold out in German.

As I say, currently unless some dusty old model shop has one tucked away on a shelf somewhere, I think the only place to get one of these currently is if a private seller has an unbuilt kit or spare body that they are willing to part with.

Jenny x