ewant81

Non Tamiya build thread

Just wondering what the rules are you on starting a build thread for a non-Tamiya model?

I’ve seen threads for other manufacturers, but before I start one I wanted to make sure it wasn’t going to get pulled. 

Im not a moderator here but Its normally been fine, there have been build threads of kyosho kits, 3racing, schumacher etc and even some non rc static kits. I think most people really appreciate them as it gives an insight into how different kits can be between the different manufacturers, assembly sequence and techniques, quality of parts and fixings, clarity of the manual etc.

I recently posted an HPI build in the "Other makes" sub-forum, and that seemed to go just fine.  I look forward to seeing what you're putting together!

Yes, generally speaking, if there is a primary Tamiya component to it - be it chassis or body - then the main Builds section is fine; but if it's a complete non-related model brand, it's better suited to the 'Other Makes' section. 

There is also a dedicated Monster Trucks/4x4/Wheelie Trucks and Crawlers section, which I'm sure was originally designated for those from the Tamiya stable too, but am myself guilty of featuring custom builds which have fewer and fewer Tamiya components in them - although generally speaking in that section I do tend to still use Tamiya bodies (or a version of), even if the chassis underpinnings are from other sources these days...

Jx

I've posted several scratch builds in the builds section without any issues, but I don't even qualify for 'Other Makes'..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My take is that if the content adds value, it's welcome.  I'm happy to see builds from all manufacturers or complete scratch builds provided they're well-formed :) 

That said, posts in the Builds section need to go via moderator approval.  If a mod thinks your build is not suitable for the builds section, my guess is they'll put it where they think it needs to go.  I'm not sure threads get deleted very often here.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies!  It's nothing too exciting, just another re-build of a 'vintage' rally rc car. Will create a new thread in the Other Makes section 😃