Lukas666

How many receivers???

Hi, I currently run a Futaba 3PRKA 2.4 on a couple of my Tamiya cars. I bought it for my lunchbox but my second build just bought another receiver and linked it to the same Transmitter. Works great and whichever RC is powered up it auto links to. I’m about to start a third build and was wondering if I can do the same with the third? Just buy another receiver? Is there a limit to how many receivers this unit can link to? I only ever use one at a time I will add. I can’t find any info on this.

I think that you can bind as many as you like but how many you can pre program depends on your model of radio. From what @DaveBuildsRC says in the case of your radio that is 10. I know some have up to 20 model memories 

Yep as many as you like at least on the radios I’ve used. The limit only refers to your saved presets

Is there any other limits on this more basic Futaba? My next build is either a sand scorcher or Kyosho Ultima. Love the sand scorcher but just want a little more potential out of my next build for speed & don’t know if the sand scorcher is capable of it. Would the Futaba be ok to use on the Ultima? 

3PRKA doesn't have a model memory. So you will have to change your trims manually every time you use a different car. And the settings are really limited on it anyway.

I'd recommend an upgrade to a digital radio with a model memory (like the Futaba 3PV). It will make owning and running several models so much easier.

• Like 1

As others have said, you can bind an infinite amount of S-FHSS receivers to that radio.  I use the Futaba 4PLS which I love, has 40 model memory but you can always put simple buggies in the same memory spot if need be.  I mostly use the R2106GF receiver as it's the cheapest S-FHSS option and works great - https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/r2106gf-6-channel-s-fhss-micro-receiver/FUTL7605.html

Of my 40 or so models I run them all from (2) 4PLS & (2) FlySky GT3C radios.  Both are great, I mostly use the FlySky for simple vehicles and crawlers since I'd rather not take the Futaba out in the woods if I dont have to, and use the Futaba mainly for anything that requires 3 or more channels.  

I know my Traxxas radio can remember up to 30 models, but I generally have each controller for a few cars (I have a system, it works for me). I've always thought the moment I invest in one of those big fancy ones with a colour screen I'd probably drop it, and it'd get heavy after a while, too. Plus, I really can't be bothered replacing over 30 receivers!