Boomstick

King cab restoration/restomod part 2

So I got the king cab up and running, the shims I cut from a Mello Yello can worked pretty well but I could hear the tranny slipping a little going from a dead stop to full throttle with the axial silver can in it.

Well I decided to go hunting for a donor KC for parts and possibly a unbroken chassis (mine is epoxied back together behind the bumper). Well I came across one with a good chassis on feebay with a $101 start bid. So I opened up the bidding on it and was the only bidder! I had actually forgot all about it until I got a notification from evil bay that I had to pay for the thing yesterday. Well I just went looking at the pics in the auction and noticed something I didn't see before. 

Screenshot_20210318-031434~2.png

Screenshot_20210318-045709~2.png

Wait, that's not a KC transmission!!! What is that?!?!?! As I'm looking at it, I realized those aren't dogbones!!! They look like cv axles! Wait, aluminum skid plate/motor plate??? What do I have here??? I sure wish the pics showed more!!!

I can't wait until this thing shows up!!!

Any ideas what this trans is???

• Like 1

As has been said, pretty sure that's a vintage Losi, most likely JRXT. Not sure how to identify other than that though.

Ahhhhh.... I looked up the jrxt transmission and it looks just like the old LRM with the slipper clutch installed. I knew it looked familiar with that skid plate but couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. Like mtf17 said, I was thinking it was a stealth and ran down that rabbit hole trying to figure it out. I only had one or two jrxt's BITD before I switched to rc10t's and none of them had the slipper...

I'm excitedly anticipating this thing to show up. Between the two, I'll have one nice king cab and a bunch of spare parts.

Speed runs coming....

• Like 2

Definitely vintage Losi.

Seeing yours running brings back memories of my old one, it was my first "hobby grade" RC car. I'm actually picking one up today that has been in storage for years, looks to be in decent shape so I'm excited to finally have one again.