Sign in to follow this  
Alex Malta

Toyota Hilux High-Lift 58397 Help

Hi Everyone 

I am new to the forum and a returning Tamiya enthusiast.  It has been 30 years since i built a Frog so excited to get back into it.

I have just proudly purchased the Toyota Hilux High-Lift 58397. I have been running around in circles for days trying to decide the best speed controller, Radio, servos, hopups for this please could you guys give me some guidance.

I prefer to go for the best spec kit so please could you help me with the following

Servos, ESC, Controller. Batteries  and any attachments or mods required or advised.

Hop Ups or modifications that would make this Model even cooler and more fun.

I am very fortunate that my wife has already bought me the MFC02 kit.

I am full of new found enthusiasm so a little advice would be very much appreciated 

Thanks in advance 

If you have the MFC-02 you don't need to buy an ESC as this unit already has one built in to it.

Go for a Hitec HS-645MG servo for the steering, something a bit cheaper will do for the shifter.

I'm still a bit Old Skool on batteries & controllers - still use NiCads & 27/40Mhz gear - most prefer 2.4Ghz kit these days so I'm sure someone will be along to offer some suggestions.

54 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

If you have the MFC-02 you don't need to buy an ESC as this unit already has one built in to it.

Go for a Hitec HS-645MG servo for the steering, something a bit cheaper will do for the shifter.

I'm still a bit Old Skool on batteries & controllers - still use NiCads & 27/40Mhz gear - most prefer 2.4Ghz kit these days so I'm sure someone will be along to offer some suggestions.

Thats great really appreciated do I need a particular arm for the servo ?