jonboy1

SkyRC Toro 120 won't connect to program box

Hi Peeps,

I was tinkering yesterday evening and wanted to change a couple of settings on my SkyRC Toro 120A using the program box - as I have before. This time however I kept getting the "Connection failed" message and no joy!

Anyone got any ideas how this can be fixed please?

Many thanks!

Jon

10 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

Hi Peeps,

I was tinkering yesterday evening and wanted to change a couple of settings on my SkyRC Toro 120A using the program box - as I have before. This time however I kept getting the "Connection failed" message and no joy!

Anyone got any ideas how this can be fixed please?

Many thanks!

Jon

I've had a similar issue and from memory (hazy memory as it was ages ago) it was because i was using the esc to rx cable (like other program boxes) but you need to use another cable? Or was it having to have it plugged into the rx? It was a simple fix of how it was connected, and was different to the others like Trackstar and Speed Passion that I had used before

ok, I'm still not getting anywhere with this!!

according to the manual if I connect it up like this:

image.png.176f496cf6f2e3c983ac535d75fd2228.png

I should be able to get into the menu to change the settings.

However, if I do that I don't seem to get power to the progbox. If I connect the other lead (that disappears into nothing in that picture) which is the throttle control I get power to it, but when I press enter I get "connection fail"

The odd thing (to me, but that may be due to my ignorance) is that everything works fine - it calibrates ok and works the car, I just can't program it anymore - yet I used to be able to.

Can anyone help at all please? I can't have killed another ESC (see my woes with 1060's)

is the battery full? (cut-off may mess things up)

You use the seperate servo lead right?  212466.jpg

If you have access to computer, download the latest firmware to the programmer.

I do have that same esc, but not the programmer. I do have hobbyking version of that esc also and do have programmer for that. it only started to work after I downloaded the latest soft/firmware on to it.

thanks for the reply @Silverado

Yup - battery is fresh, using the correct cable - I've tried to get the latest firmware but it seems SkyRC don't have anything particularly uptodate for this. However, I still can't get it to connect to the PC to install it.

I didn't know Hobbyking did a version of this esc - can you tell what model it is please?

I didnt check the image of the esc in the manual you posted that well before, not sure if this is the same. - I have this toro esc https://www.skyrc.com/TS120_Aluminum

And this Hobbyking version of it. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackstar-genii-120a-1-10th-scale-sensored-brushless-car-esc-roar-brca-approved.html?queryID=28b96000b8592e39868e52f20be45cb7&objectID=45214&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

And this programmer https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackstar-multi-function-smart-program-box.html

Sadly this programmer wont work with toro esc.

I use these in my drifter.

Yup - that's the same one I've got.

Ah - you read my mind! That was going to be my next question! :) 

Make sure that the micro USB cable you're using is also for data and not just a charger cable. 

The ESC shouldn't be connected to a battery if the program box will be connected to the PC. The PC's USB will power up the program box and the ESC once connected for data transfer.

I programmed this TS160 ESC of my FF-03Pro-R

P1150314.thumb.JPG.b8d5ab4f14d81bd5d3e1e7b69b6c4601.JPG

P1150319.thumb.JPG.8c8fdcb10b4297f7d61cb65bd27dc229.JPG

and another one for my XV-01.

Qai6TMBh.jpg