Mrowka

Another "what tires" question

Kvestion: does anyone know whether will Sand Scorcher / Grasshopper rear tires fit re re Optima wheels? Turbo Optima?

Trying to expand my available choices.

• Like 1

Don't think so.

But Schumacher make a few 2" tyres (rears all round? Only started the thinner fronts on the Optima Mid Custom, fingers crossed for a 're release!! 🤞)

Block (best all rounder,  blue - hard wearing but lower grip, Yellow - softer, higher grip but higher wear rate)

Full spike - Quite soft, good on grass

Mini spike - Great on carpet 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/schumacher-tyres/rc-car-categories/51/9960/996010&MSAttributeID[58]=713&MSAttributeID[63]=871

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure I’ve seen an optima with Tamiya tyres before, but Turbo Optima wheels are 2.0 so they won’t fit on those

• Thanks 1

Aren’t the ReRe Kyosho wheels 2.2???  I bought some ReRe Scorpion wheels to use on my cars and run them with vintage proline buggy 2.2 tires.

Terry

24 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Aren’t the ReRe Kyosho wheels 2.2???  I bought some ReRe Scorpion wheels to use on my cars and run them with vintage proline buggy 2.2 tires.

Terry

The ReRe Turbo Scorpion wheels are 2.2" both front and rear, the Scorpion wheels are 2" front and 1.7" rear.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Aren’t the ReRe Kyosho wheels 2.2???

I think the Turbo Optima and Ultima are 1.9" (well, 50mm) , the Optima 43mm, and the Scorpion 2.2" .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TurboRSR said:

The ReRe Turbo Scorpion wheels are 2.2" both front and rear, the Scorpion wheels are 2" front and 1.7" rear.  

Any more cars after the Turbo Scorpion run 2.2" ?, or do Kyosho agree with me, and think they look awful on a vintage.....🙄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Any more cars after the Turbo Scorpion run 2.2" ?, or do Kyosho agree with me, and think they look awful on a vintage.....🙄

Agreed. I have some 2.2 wheels for an Optima and another set for an Ultima.

They look hideous. With most tires, they make my buggies look like truggies. Or maybe monster trucks.

With low-profile tires, they make my buggies look like they are rollin' on dubs.

• Like 1